Looking For Used Ram 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krsmed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At what point do you start to worry about buying a used Ram one to two years that’s had X amount of owners?’ Looking for Ram 1500 but I’ve found several I like but they have had two plus owners with 30,000-60,000 miles on them. Had a 2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn loved the truck and hate thinking about why I sold it!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I would never buy a used 2 or more owner truck. In fact, I would never buy a used truck. Trucks are mistreated when the owner is not vested in it. I understand economic issues, live them myself. That is why I have only had three since 1994, I buy them new, pay off quickly since I put money away each month, and I run them for many years.

If buying used, go with a Tradesman. Less things to go wrong, you may get a better deal, and you can add optional items that are your must-haves.

Good luck

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just make sure you research whatever vehicle you're looking at before you purchase. There's nothing wrong with buying used. However, I wouldn't purchase anything with low miles and 2 owners. That just screams there's an issue in my opinion.

I use to buy new all the time but now the wife and I look for something 2 years old with low mileage. We also don't purchase vehicles in our home state since we live in the rust belt.

I found my current truck using CarGurus and would highly recommend using it to help find exactly what you want. Good luck on your search and post back if you find something or have questions. There is certainly a lot of knowledge around the forum.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
When I bought mine the salesman was looking at us funny when my buddy started tasting the trans fluid while I was pressing every button I could find to make sure everything worked. (It was a Friday on our way back from a job randomly pulled into the dealership and saw it) 1st ower leased 2nd owner returned it because he could no longer afford the payments 40,000 miles on it