Looking to buy '08 3500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALaverick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have an '08 1500 (5.7), and looking for a diesel truck because my business requires me to do a lot of towing, which is taking it's toll on the 1500. I found an '08 3500 drw, mega cab, which is more truck than I need, but it's the twin of my current 1500, and only has 133,000 miles on it. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas what to look out for on this specific truck? Any experiences, good or bad?

Appreciate any input.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
If it's a diesel that would be very early for that engine, the change was made about 1/2 way through the 07 model year. They went from 5.9 to either a 6.4 or 6.7 liter engine. Basically the same engine just more cubes, but I've heard there were some issues with the early ones. Sorry I don't have any specifics.

Recommend you post your question in the Diesel section of this forum, lots of knowledge roaming around that section.

Mike