Looking to buy 4 new tires for a 08 2500 Hemi 3rd generation 4x4 any suggestions on I'm thinking abo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Fart

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm using Cooper Discoverer A/TW Tires and love them. Handle well in winter and quiet in summer.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Lots of different tires being used by RamForum members.

Your choice depends on your truck and truck usage.

Will you be off-road and do you need the ability to cross rocky/sandy/muddy terrain?

What about wet traction? Is it important to you?

What about road driving? Is this most of your driving and do you want a quiet tire?

What about tire wear? Do you want 40K or more out of your tires?

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://www.deantires.com/tires/back-country-sq-4

These are currently on my truck, new tires when I bought it. So far they are great on wet and dry roads, we'll see what their like in the snow. If we get any this year........?

If it's me buying new tires this is my choice (**LET THE RIDICULING START**)

https://www.treadwright.com/collections/filter/products/warden-w2817e

I've run these tires and I also have a lot of friends that use them too. I haven't had or seen any issues with them (aside from trashing your rig on a wheeling adventure in the Rockies), and they last just as long as a name brand tire. Yes they are a "Retread" No they are not like the ones you see scattered all over the highways.

OP
OP
RogerK61

RogerK61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking for tires for summer fall winter cuz I live in the North up in Ohio so they have to be good winter tires to quietness I really don't care mileage a little bit yes I don't want regular like I would like to have an all-terrain tire

OP
OP
RogerK61

RogerK61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The previous owner had BFG the kale to I believe 285 70 17 and a truck takes 265 70 17 I'll go with 265 275 or 285

pavementprincess

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 L Magnum
Nitto NT421Q. Theyre street tires but Nitto makes some killer tires I believe they have some good offroad ones too

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I am running the Nitto EXO graplers. They are 4 peak snow rated and I have been getting great wear out of them. Been lots of reports of issues with the BFG's on the HD trucks not wearing well. Also the same with the Goodyear Wrangler duratracs. What works on a 1/2 ton doesn't always works well on a 3/4 - 1 ton so keep that in mind.

Last edited:

RamminMopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
35x12.5r17 toyo at2 xtreme, most aggresive all terrain tires in my opinion.