Looking to by a warranty contract for used 2021 Ram 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djsapr

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500 HD 4x4 Laramie | Exterior Billet Silver / Interior Mountain Brown & Light Frost Beige
Engine
6.7 Cummins I6
I'm going to follow this thread, too. I have 83k on my 2500 and before I know it, 100k will be here. It's my only vehicle and I plan to keep it till I'm too feeble to climb into it or drive it. With all the electronics and such, I don't want to risk something (financially) big happening. (The catalytic converter on my previous truck, 2015 Ecodiesel, plugged up and that was a $5k part.) I have good roadside assistance with Good Sam. I will want to feel equally secure with the truck...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

Upgrade Your Ram Certified Warranty​

If you own a Certified Ram vehicle that was manufactured in 2018 or later and has fewer than 75,000 miles on it, you may be eligible to extend your coverage to one that is valid for up to 9 years and 125,000 miles longer. Your Ram Certified Powertrain coverage may be upgraded to a full bumper-to-bumper plan through the Ram Certified Upgrade program, allowing you to continue to be protected even after the coverage for your Ram Certified Powertrain would have expired.

OP
OP
6stringtim

6stringtim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
My wife is doing all the hard work. It looks like the dodge warranty is the best.

znrh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another option is to see if your auto insurance company offers mechanical breakdown protection. My former company Geico offered that and it wasnt very expensive when added to your policy

Robert Anderson

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if you do get one make sure you follow your owners manual for maintenance to the letter from day one or any repairs will be denied ,i know because i had endurance after market and i missed one oil change in 3 years and had to pay for a motor out of my own pocket

Douglas Walouke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been very happy with my Fidelity Warranty Services extended warranty. I bot my 2014 Laramie Longhorn with 30k-ish miles from a VW dealer and paid $3k for it to go to 112k miles. I hesitated, but pulled the trigger. It's been worth it! Covered stuff so far:
- the whole air suspension system including compressor replaced - covered without bickering
- exhaust midfold (twice)
- steering wheel shafts
- evaporative system issues
- active grill shutter

All with just a $100 deductible per transaction. They've never bickered...not once.

Jim S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I have used LDS in the past on a '99 Dakota and an '06 Durango. Both trucks were about 5 yrs old at the time of purchase. No problems with LDS at all. They cover all the important stuff and pay quickly.

I have already bought a contract for my '21 Laramie Sport. Bought it late Oct. with 11K and has 35K now. I expect the LDS will kick in soon.

Jim S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Car shield is supposed to be rated pretty well. I’ve never bothered with 3rd party warranties.
I saw a news report last year about a class action against CarShield for non-payment of claims. Might want to investigate that a little before buying them.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I saw a news report last year about a class action against CarShield for non-payment of claims. Might want to investigate that a little before buying them.
Interesting, reviews are pretty good, including an arrival from consumers. As I stated I’ve never bothered with 3rd party warranties. I bought the lifetime warranty for my ram. Have yet to use it.

OP
OP
6stringtim

6stringtim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The basic warranty is over on my new to me 2021 Ram 2500. Looking for suggestions for used warranty coverage. Looked at MAX Care. Is there any where else that I should try ? Thanks.

Replacing my old 98.5 for something more comfortable in my retirement years.
Hey Guys,

I would like to thank you for your comments, feedback and contacts. Best advice was to shop around. Everyone's needs are different, as well as the year of your truck, mileage, etc. We purchased a policy (7yr/125k plan - $200 deductible) with Jason Edmondson at Chrysler Warranty Direct. Jason was professional and very helpful, as were many of the other contacts. I have attached a file of the companies/people we contacted and what they had to offer. We stuck with official MOPAR warranties and did not explore third party companies. Perhaps this information might be helpful to someone else along the way.

I have never been an extended warranty guy and I hope I never have to use it, but with all the technology and electronics on these trucks today I felt it was good insurance.

Take care and thanks again!

Attachments

• MOPAR Warrnty Info.pdf
    65 KB · Views: 10