Looking to change the door armrest. Tradesman interior.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rherman1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummings
I've got a crew cab or I'd probably have bought all of them from the wreck I got the front ones from.
I'm not in a big hurry so I might have the guy at my local salvage yard try to find some. The prices he is giving me are quite a bit cheaper than eBay or car-part.com. I might go see him about the rear doors when I check in at the end of next week to see if he's found a speedometer for me.
He said to keep checking back and he'd keep looking until they found one I want. As enthusiastic as he is about helping me I believe he's on commission.

Hey we all need to make a living! But it sounds like he is cutting you a great deal on parts!

OP
OP
cgeorgemo

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey we all need to make a living! But it sounds like he is cutting you a great deal on parts!

Yep yep! One of my two jobs pays on commission. I can almost always tell when someone is on commission, because they usually want to help you more than those that aren't paid commission.
The salvage yard is one of the LKQ chain but the prices are seriously less than most of the prices I've seen on car-part.com and eBay.

Kevin G Gerrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m looking at some genuine leather arm rest cushions on eBay for about $18. They come with peel n stick backing. I’m going to give it a try and we’ll let you guys know if it’s a possible solution.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I’m looking at some genuine leather arm rest cushions on eBay for about $18. They come with peel n stick backing. I’m going to give it a try and we’ll let you guys know if it’s a possible solution.

Man I was thinking that the other day, I found some as well that I think I may try!

Kevin G Gerrity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I found a pair on Amazon for $14. They come with a very sticky double sided pad that seems to be pretty strong. They look decent and feel great. Let's see if the glue holds up.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
apparently there is a person

Located in:
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
user name rvcamping

That must go around to all the auto dismantling yards & grabs the interior door panels.
He is advertising so many, he may be paying the guys at the local dismantling yards to pull them as they enter the yard & he will give them X amount of bucks for each of them

He has many different parts for Ram trucks including many electronic parts, consoles, bezels, instrument clusters, roof antennas, door mirrors, too much to list

Last edited:

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
apparently there is a person

Located in:
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
user name rvcamping

That must go around to all the auto dismantling yards & grabs the interior door panels.
He is advertising so many, he may be paying the guys at the local dismantling yards to pull them as they enter the yard & he will give them X amount of bucks for each of them

He has many different parts for Ram trucks including many electronic parts, consoles, bezels, instrument clusters, roof antennas, door mirrors, too much to list
Thanks for the heads up. He's got a lot. I saved his profile in case I need something later.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found a pair on Amazon for $14. They come with a very sticky double sided pad that seems to be pretty strong. They look decent and feel great. Let's see if the glue holds up.
Got an update and maybe a link for us?

Last edited: