Looking to do Jump seat to console swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony Barker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2017 Crew Cab Ram 1500 express with black and grey interior and looking to install a center console. I have had zero luck finding one online and wondering if there are any additional parts needed to complete install. Thank you in advance!

Jorgemartino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Whats up man, hey , i just got mine done, are yoi doing the console woth shifter or just a console? I got mine on ebay for $350. If you doing with shifter you'll need more parts, than doing plain console..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah your best bet is like @Jorgemartino said. Ebay. Should be able to get everything together. Sometimes the kits dont include the 2 brackets needed to secure to the floor so you may have order seperate. If i can give some advice....dont just grab the cheapest one you see, find a nice one(rebel or limited) because if youre like me youll get the cheap one and then later purchase a nicer console lid when i could of just bought the nicer unit from the get go and saved myself time and money.

fprevos

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Could a DT truck console be used in a DS truck?

Jorgemartino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I have a 2017 Crew Cab Ram 1500 express with black and grey interior and looking to install a center console. I have had zero luck finding one online and wondering if there are any additional parts needed to complete install. Thank you in advance!
55365120AB
This is the front bracket you need, you can use bolts nuts and washer from home depot, .
55365121AD
This is the rear bracket, you mount this where the bench seat was mounted using the same bolts. One of the holes may be covered with tape, peal it off, the front bolt from the bench seat will fit on that other hole for the bracket.
Take this brackets to home depot, and find the screws you need for the sides, to mount the console to the brackets, 2 screws for each bracket and maybe some washers, thats how i did it, then, you'll see that the console also gets mounted to the dash, well, you will jave some left over screws from the cup holders and staff, use those, you will have to take some of the little things fro the other holes that you are not using and put it into those holes , so you can screw thos screws into it..

OP
OP
A

Anthony Barker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you! This will help out a lot. I’ve been checking around to try and find a console but no luck. You have any suggestions?

OP
OP
A

Anthony Barker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thank you everyone for the help! Once I get the console installed that jump seat will be available if anyone is looking for one.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you! This will help out a lot. I’ve been checking around to try and find a console but no luck. You have any suggestions?
Try any local junk yards. Especially ones from big cities. For example, i live in south MS so i use a junkyard near Jackson which i believe is our biggest city and only a few hours away. Youd be suprised how many have actual websites where you can search available parts. Ive went as far as houston, tx for my door panels. Good luck.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@LoadedExpressRam I was thinking the same thing. I’m only a few hours north of LA so I’ll probably take a look down there. What year is your express?
2014. She has come a long way. If your that close to LA then try OKAutoparts in richmond i believe. They are very good to work with and their website is easy to navigate

Jorgemartino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Ebay, you can get everything on ebay, much cheaper..

I need the cable harness that connects the console to the plug under the seat... I cant find part numbers for that, anywhere.. ...

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
im not sure what harness you are referring to. I didnt need any harness for the swap. Maybe mine was already in the console when i bought it. The junkyard you can sometimes haggle with. Plus if you upgrade as much as i have done you can build somewhat of a relationship where theyll give you good deals. Put it like this the only thing original in my truck is the carpet everything else has been upgraded/replaced.

Jorgemartino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Yep, i know what you mean, im in the same boat, i will make my own harness to power the outlets on the console, i will be a lot cheaper too...i am waiting on the tesla screen now, so i can replace the radio bazel and seal that bottom gap....