Looking to get back into a truck - Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XL Denali

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I had a 2012 F150 for a couple years then went to an SUV and currently a minivan. lol Looking at 2013 and newer. Any engines or year combos or features to stay away from? In particular, I found a 2015 Laramie 4x4 with around 50,000 miles with a Hemi and 6.5’ bed and air suspension. How dependable is the air suspension in these? Have there been many problems? How about in the north with salty roads? TIA!

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lots of folks have issues with the air suspension after a couple of years especially in the salt country. I had three Lincoln town cars and all of the air suspension systems well south. I replaced them all with regular springs and they rode the same, just lost self leveling. I wouldn’t touch any vehicle with air suspension again. But, that’s me. Some folks won’t do without it and just deal with the problems.
A 2015 truck is obviously 7 years old. I suspect it either has already been replaced or it is about ready to be.

djtomy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the 5.7 Hemi is a pretty solid engine..

healthyrx

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Air suspension looks like more headaches that it’s worth- especially up north. But it’s not outlandish to (~3k) to get a kit to replace it with spring suspension