Looking to Install Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USPatriot1776

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I run a 2016 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi and have experienced the manifold warping resulting in the bolts breaking and a small exhaust leak.

I am looking to do a header swap rather than plane the manifolds or get new ones. Wanting to go long-tubes, are there any brands you all can
recommend? I was looking at Kooks but they are pretty pricey.

Lastly, I was wondering how the O2 sensors would react without cats installed. I have AlfaOBD so I can easily clear codes but I do not have a tuner yet.
Would I need one before I start the process?

Thanks again for the assistance!

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
I run a 2016 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 Hemi and have experienced the manifold warping resulting in the bolts breaking and a small exhaust leak.

I am looking to do a header swap rather than plane the manifolds or get new ones. Wanting to go long-tubes, are there any brands you all can
recommend? I was looking at Kooks but they are pretty pricey.

Lastly, I was wondering how the O2 sensors would react without cats installed. I have AlfaOBD so I can easily clear codes but I do not have a tuner yet.
Would I need one before I start the process?

Thanks again for the assistance!
I’ve been very happy with the stainless works long tubes, had mine installed by Quick_Shifter, a member on this forum. I have to pass emissions so got y-pipe with hi-flow cats so can’t help with that, you will want to get a tune to get the most out of the headers

Attachments

• IMG_9462.jpeg
    IMG_9462.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9449.jpeg
    IMG_9449.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 12

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine