Loose Cover or Cap on Air Resonator

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Alright, there is quite a bit of dressing there. The crack can go all the way to the recessed area on top before reaching the resonator manifold. I'd say you're good...

Attachments

• IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMAG0013.jpg
    IMAG0013.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 11

Boxman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6; 4x4 crew cab
Thanks SitKneeBend. You have certainly been a big help! I'll just keep an eye on the crack then.
By the way, could you tell how that cover is attached to the resonator? I feel that if I could resecure mine, it may vibrate less under load and delay further cracking.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thanks SitKneeBend. You have certainly been a big help! I'll just keep an eye on the crack then.
By the way, could you tell how that cover is attached to the resonator? I feel that if I could resecure mine, it may vibrate less under load and delay further cracking.
Unfortunately, I believe it is actually not attached but rather a one piece mold and/or permanently glued together. I'm pretty sure it is the "roof" of the resonator manifold and not just aesthetic. I'll double check on Monday and let you know for sure.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok, it appears that the "cover" is permanently attached and is not removable without compromising the top of the resonator manifold. You might have some success with super glue to prevent the crack from spreading further. Especially if you don't need to remove the resonator for oil changes.

Boxman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 v6; 4x4 crew cab
Thanks again for all your work on this. I may go the super glue route as it doesn't appear to be leaking.