Loose rakes after acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dieselwrench

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
2015 1500 5.7 (second owner) Have an issue I cannot find anywhere. My brakes will get very soft (loss of hydraulics but have end of travel mechanical) after a HARD acceleration. Not a high speed situation, just like punching it to get into traffic and then at the next light they go most of the way down. They will not pump back up. I have to shut truck off and let it sit (5 mins to couple hrs) then I will pump them while engine is off and they tighten up. Will be fine for weeks, even through moderate accelerations, but then I might punch it a bit too much and it returns. Since discovering this I have changed my pads all around, checked for vac leaks and flushed Dot 3 out with a pump and replaced with Dot 4 (did not do ABS flush). Nothing has changed. I have a master cylinder but just looking if anyone else has encountered this before I just chuck parts. Thanks for any input.