Losing my mind over light sockets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrown5030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Sorry if the answer I’m looking for is in here already. Ton of posts about this, I know, but I must be missing something.

I got the old “parking light out” message.

I tried the third tail light bulb fix. Still got the error.

I noticed it only happens when headlights are on.

I bought new sockets. Replaced the right one, it looked burned. Still got the error. Replaced the left one. It looked new but different. Then I remembered the body shop replaced that taillight a couple years back. Probably replaced with cheap parts, I thought. Anyway, new one, still get the error.

Alfaodb tells me it’s both the right and left codes getting thrown. B16DF and B16D7. I can clear the faults but one step on the brake and it’s back. What am I missing? Seemed like the other posts replaced sockets and problem solved.

tia

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What sockets did you get? Did you get oem or something else? Are you running leds or incandescent bulbs?

Bbroj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just fixed mine! It was NOT the socket, but the wiring in the truck harness. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here you go! Any questions, hit me up.

Attachments

• 20220925_184030.jpg
    20220925_184030.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 40

Ramfx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Bbroj.
What part did you rewire?
I cannot get my message to go away

OP
OP
jbrown5030

jbrown5030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same issue after installing a 7" EVIC.
Sorry, I never followed up on this. tbh, I just decided to live with it and it went away after a few more months.