Lost 8mm screw in the midst of a storm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L SRT8 HEMI
So...Wish me luck. I'm in the middle of an engine swap on my '12 RAM and now IAN is knocking on my front door. My truck is immobile. I've got it secure as best I can and hoping for the best. Now to the title of the post...I was putting the screws to the fender liner (specifically the 2 to the bottom of the air filter box mounting bracket) on the passenger side last night when I dropped one.(ugh)
I heard it hit a couple of times against metal (one of which I could swear was the brake rotor shield) and the nothing. I don't believe it ever hit the ground. An hour of searching while also trying to get last minute storm prep done and never found it. Hopefully I'll locate it after the storm passes. Any ideas where it could've landed? your guess are welcome and could be no worse than mine.

But any way, wishing, hoping, and praying for the best for anyone and everyone who might be in IANs path.

See you all on the other side.

OP
OP
theblackduck87
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L SRT8 HEMI
It's 6:15 am Thursday morning. Ian is still over land and has been downgraded to a tropical storm but is still dumping a lot of rain. So far we have been very fortunate and lucky. The storm eye passed under us so we got the weaker side of it.
Praying for those still in its path. We're not out of harms way yet.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's 6:15 am Thursday morning. Ian is still over land and has been downgraded to a tropical storm but is still dumping a lot of rain. So far we have been very fortunate and lucky. The storm eye passed under us so we got the weaker side of it.
Praying for those still in its path. We're not out of harms way yet.
In glad to hear everything in ok so far.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
What part of Florida are you in?

as for the screw, you could try getting a similar sized screw and drop it from the same point and watch where it goes. Just make sure it's not a screw that you need.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Glad everything is 10/4 OP.
Folks in the sanibel, pine island ft Myers area not nearly as much. I have a friend who had 5 feet of water in his house, other areas total devastation. Structures gone, wiped clean. The Coasties are still making rescues today.

Those folks down there really need our prayers now.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
If the motor is not open,then I would not worry
I find stuff I am not looking for, but never when I need it
Magnet can work, usually get iron filings and junk
Btw, I have not tossed old screws away for years if good shape.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
i am now 78, out in my garage, i have military bolt bins, you would have to look for a bit to find new bolts, nuts, & screws. The bins are close to full, i used to have neighbors come over to HI, only they needed to raid the bins.
About a mile, as the crow flies, there is a warehouse that is half full of new hardware. you can buy everything by the single unit, or by the pound :)

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would have to drive one hour to get to a good hardware store, 2 hours one way to a large city
Dad use to save used nails, but I don’t go that far