Lots of Engine Noise (Hemi Tick?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

george55378

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use Pennzoil platinum 5w20 and 20 ounces of bestline engine oil treatment with the Nano Diamond technology. 2015 5.7 is very noise free. Tried just about every product out there. Hotshot FR3,lucas,etc. Bestline did the job! Dam well worth the money. Tried royal purple,redline,edge,,still noisy.

OP
OP
JimmyP

JimmyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI V8
I just changed into some more Redline and I want to try the Lubeguard with it. @Burla if I put 7 qts in do I need to wait to dump the Lubeguard in there? I've searched through a few other threads but never found a clear answer on there. Tech said I was half a quart low on the old oil dump...

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I just changed into some more Redline and I want to try the Lubeguard with it. @Burla if I put 7 qts in do I need to wait to dump the Lubeguard in there? I've searched through a few other threads but never found a clear answer on there. Tech said I was half a quart low on the old oil dump...
most of us go 1/2 quart over full, so as long as you are at full line, you will be ok with 15 ounces on top of that.

OP
OP
JimmyP

JimmyP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI V8
Awesome, I'll give that a go when I get it back and see how if affects the tick. Currently getting a shiny new set of un-sheared exhaust manifold bolts! Been hard to monitor the lifter tick lately with the ticking coming from the manifold...