Low air speed from vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011ramsport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys I got a 2011 ram sport with the auto climate control. I took a cruise this weekend and noticed after about an hour of driving the air coming out of my vents was real weak but my fan was still spinning full speed. Doesn't matter what setting it's on same results, on the defrost setting though I find it spins slower. Anyways I turned the truck off once I got to the ice cream stand, starred it back up and things were good again for about an hour or so and same thing happened. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Added a pic of the rig just because!

20180509_175759.jpg

OP
OP

2011ramsport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Update: Just got off the phone with my dealer, the mechanic there thinks that because it was extremely humid yesterday it was causing my system to freeze up and didn't offer any solution other than "it happens sometimes". Sound like a legit an ignorant answer or do I expect to much from my truck? Either way his advice was to put it on recirc mode to try and warm up the system which I did and still had the same results.

twolabsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I am unhappy with the airflow on my 2016! So far nobody has an answer. Blower is too loud compared to the flow. Hoping this thread will have better info :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

twolabsdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Now that it’s hot out, curious if anybody has found a way to improve the airflow from the vents?

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not happy with my air blower power either in my 2018. It gets cold, but doesn't blow very hard in my opinion.

OP
OP

2011ramsport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Now that it’s hot out, curious if anybody has found a way to improve the airflow from the vents?

Mines gotten worst. Now it takes forever to get ice cold and when it does it doesnt blow hard at all. Was going to bring it in to be inspected but i need to organize rides and what not. This crazy hot weather weve been having isnt helping anything.

jljbtm

Reaction score
This first happened to me in my 05 Dodge Magnum apparently they haven't fix it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mines gotten worst. Now it takes forever to get ice cold and when it does it doesnt blow hard at all. Was going to bring it in to be inspected but i need to organize rides and what not. This crazy hot weather weve been having isnt helping anything.

I'd have your refrigerant levels checked. If you are low on refrigerant the A/C has to work harder in order to cool properly, which can lead to it freezing up or failing completely.