Low beam headlight options Classic 21 warlock (Canada)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeanbacan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Hey guys how are you.

Im trying to improve my OEM halogen lights for the truck. Now in the AB winter, Im finding very hard to see in the dark, specially to anticipate any animal or danger down the road.

Im reading about lights in diff threads but I could not get to a conclusion since most use known US names. Ive read and watched couple youtube videos but nothing concrete as well.
Many say using LEDS, for the low beam headlights, will work fine, other says depends, other say go for HIDs. Calling local stores, only one guy said that definitely should be HID, others says LED work as well.

In the end I really don't mind one or the other, as long as it improves the OEM light condition, and don't blind incoming traffic. So is there any suggestion? particular model or even shop that I should buy it? I have 0 experience with car and Id take it to a shop to change for me, specially because its a 5 months old truck. Here I can only see Eagle LED or BrightSource as options. I guess only BS has HID. Any advice from where to order something that really works without common issues?

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed a 22 inch Amber/white light bar behind the lower grill. Works awesome in snow and fog. I usually leave it on when driving at night. Simple install. Got it at Tiger Automotive here in Saskatoon.

OP
OP
J

jeanbacan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Just installed the fahren and for now will keep them. Not as bright as expecting but already an improve from the original. Now I might need to install fog lights. Problem is my truck came with nothing so would need panel switch as well.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your low beams uses a H11 bulb - most 4th gens do.
Just upgrade from the H11 - H9 bulb, minor modification needed but really puts out good light and same color as stock halogens which helps on the eyes and oncoming traffic.
Google "thunderbulb" or H11 to H9 upgrade.