Low beams won't work after turning off high beams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caden Schaack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 with MDS
I have just installed some new Alpharex pro series headlights on my 2006 ram 1500 and they work fine until I use my high beams. I was waiting till night to sight them in but i realized that after i turn my high's off my lows won't come on. they do come on while the high beams are on. but they wont come on when I have it on just the lows. i was standing around and playing with it to see what i could find and turns out when the truck is not running the lights don't do this... when i turn the truck off and back on then they work (turning off and back on the engine) and the same cycle begins. google told me that it is most likely a fuse but i couldn't find a head lamp fuse, tho i did not put that much effort into it so that might still be the case. just checking to see if anyone has had a problem like this. Incase it wasn’t clear, my low beams do work until I switch to high then back to low.

Last edited:

Chevyzz8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve same lights and same problem. Did you figure it out?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Are LEDs used in the headlight housings?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
A quick google search of alpharex seems to show all LED headlights. I'm going to assume they are and hence, the problems begin.
The Pro series headlights are halogen bulbs, the Nova and Luxx are LEDs
The turn signals, running and DRLs in all series are LEDs but that shouldn't effect the headlight operation. Installing plug in resistors for the turn/running lights would resolve the problem if that's what was causing it

Westley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I am having this exact problem, only with engine running do the headlights go out. Did you get your problem resolved?
I am running Morimoto xb hybrids on my 2007 Ram 3500 with 5.9 Cummins.

Neck1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you figured out anything my truck is doing the same

Enrichetto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, I'm Enrico, from Italy!

I have the same problem, I ask alpharex and they replied with that to support the problem you need to follow this picture
IMG_20230421_230551.jpg

Ramember when

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine started this way then low beams don't work at all now. Anyone have any insight on this? Love the way they look but useless if I can't drive at night.