Low heat output on driver side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrmegoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have developed a problem this year with very little heat on the driver side. If I run the heater on the floor setting, the passenger side gets really hot but not the drivers side. Also the same on the bilevel or dash vents. My truck is not equipped with individual comfort settings, so something is not letting the air flow through the heater core to driver side. Any help would be appreciated.

Octane

Reaction score
I have developed a problem this year with very little heat on the driver side. If I run the heater on the floor setting, the passenger side gets really hot but not the drivers side. Also the same on the bilevel or dash vents. My truck is not equipped with individual comfort settings, so something is not letting the air flow through the heater core to driver side. Any help would be appreciated.
My 2013 does the same thing.I flushed the heater core and the coolibg system.Replaced thermostat.But I hear it is most likely the blend door screwed up.As long as I dont freeze to death I aint gonna do anything else about it.

Smokey613

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Our 2004 2500 did this. Had to eventually replace the blend door.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hello Mrmegoo,
We’re sorry to hear of the concern you are experiencing with your Ram. Given your situation, we’d like to look into it further to see if there is anything we can do to help from our end. Please follow up with us via private message with your VIN if this would be of interest.
Laura
RamCares