Lower control arm Mevotech

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlsalani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all
ordering my parts for the full front suspension replacement... going to level a bit with the Bilsteins 5100 but also would like to replace the lower control arms. Did some searching and it doesn't seem like a whole ton of aftermarket ones are available. Not going with Mopar. I have searched and it looks like the Mevotech are liked by most that have them. I am thinking about the lower control arms, stabilizer links and tie rod ends from Mevotech the ones labeled TTX. I like the serviceable ball joint. Either the JBA or Zone upper control arm. Put the Zone one on my kids truck seems to be doing fine.

so guess looking for opinions... any reason I shouldn't go with the Mevotech components?

also Zone or JBA upper?

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good morning Sir,
I have been running the Mevs LCAs with my 9” lift and they have held up great. Way better than stock. They just come in a ugly greenish colour. I threw on colour match paint (Flame Red) and tadah! No issues here. I’m also running there uppers with no issues since I brought my truck back down to stock in the front. I had my pro comp pro runners set at 2” and the mevs ball
Joints worn out twice and I was stumped. I finally figured out the arms are not made to correct angles. I don’t have any personal experience with JBA/Zone, however hear nothing but good things about them. Almost went with JBA, which I still may do. Someone will chime in as lots of fellows run them on the forum.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hi all
ordering my parts for the full front suspension replacement... going to level a bit with the Bilsteins 5100 but also would like to replace the lower control arms. Did some searching and it doesn't seem like a whole ton of aftermarket ones are available. Not going with Mopar. I have searched and it looks like the Mevotech are liked by most that have them. I am thinking about the lower control arms, stabilizer links and tie rod ends from Mevotech the ones labeled TTX. I like the serviceable ball joint. Either the JBA or Zone upper control arm. Put the Zone one on my kids truck seems to be doing fine.

so guess looking for opinions... any reason I shouldn't go with the Mevotech components?

also Zone or JBA upper?

Don't overthink the lower control arms there are no brands or styles that have moved in front of the pack whatever your parts store has in stock. As for UCA's Zone and JBA are both great control arms and do the same function so choose which one you like the look of better. @Nick@GotExhaust can get you a deal on the zone's

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Mopar front LCAs have 97k miles and are still taking all the abuse Ive given them with 35's then 37's and back to 35's. When the time comes I'm getting another Mopar set.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jlsalani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
my only issue with the Mopar is the cost.... I think they are over $450 a piece!.. Mine are also doing well at 140K miles.

but since I am tearing up the front end figured I should replace the LCA and ball joint. I did the same with my son's 2011 truck last year and ended up just heading to the parts store to get what they had. I had to cut them off as the bolts were seized and they were not coming out no matter what! May still go that route but the price seems about the same and if I can service the lower ball joint that might be beneficial. Than being said, have not had to replace mine up to this point but I do have some pops and clunks coming out of the front end now.

I put the zone's on my the 2011 also, no issue so might just stay that way.

appreciate all the information

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my only issue with the Mopar is the cost.... I think they are over $450 a piece!.. Mine are also doing well at 140K miles.

but since I am tearing up the front end figured I should replace the LCA and ball joint. I did the same with my son's 2011 truck last year and ended up just heading to the parts store to get what they had. I had to cut them off as the bolts were seized and they were not coming out no matter what! May still go that route but the price seems about the same and if I can service the lower ball joint that might be beneficial. Than being said, have not had to replace mine up to this point but I do have some pops and clunks coming out of the front end now.

I put the zone's on my the 2011 also, no issue so might just stay that way.

appreciate all the information
Shop around and you'll find them for 300 or a little less, each
I'm showing these 2 part# looking online, confirm with Benny (Allmoparparts vendor here) or with your local dealer.
68298346AB Lower control arm right
68298347AB Lower control arm left