Lower using 2” drop rear springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Ram Classic Crewcab and decided to lower the rear with 2” drop springs. I’ve read a bunch of threads but I’ve never done this before and I’m a bit nervous.
I ordered the Pro Suspension springs after reading hundreds of reviews. They seem to fit my needs.
Anyway, I read where the pan hard bar causes the rear axle to shift 3/8” toward the left. Also, the pinion angle changes at least a little, plus the driveshaft will ride a little farther into the back of the transmission.
I understand that these alterations occur anytime the bed is loaded or the tongue weight of a trailer modifies the bed height. Finally, the headlights are aiming a little higher.
My concern is that these adjustments will be constant with the lowered rear, rather than being temporary when loaded or towing.
Am I overthinking this whole thing or are these valid concerns? I do have an extended warranty (7 year 100,000 miles) and don’t want any issues down the road.
Of course, I would appreciate any advice/responses from folks with longer term lowered rear ends. Thanks in advance.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I have a 2019 Ram Classic Crewcab and decided to lower the rear with 2” drop springs. I’ve read a bunch of threads but I’ve never done this before and I’m a bit nervous.
I ordered the Pro Suspension springs after reading hundreds of reviews. They seem to fit my needs.
Anyway, I read where the pan hard bar causes the rear axle to shift 3/8” toward the left. Also, the pinion angle changes at least a little, plus the driveshaft will ride a little farther into the back of the transmission.
I understand that these alterations occur anytime the bed is loaded or the tongue weight of a trailer modifies the bed height. Finally, the headlights are aiming a little higher.
My concern is that these adjustments will be constant with the lowered rear, rather than being temporary when loaded or towing.
Am I overthinking this whole thing or are these valid concerns? I do have an extended warranty (7 year 100,000 miles) and don’t want any issues down the road.
Of course, I would appreciate any advice/responses from folks with longer term lowered rear ends. Thanks in advance.
The way you worry about and over think things,you should probably leave it stock. One way to check your driveshaft travel,is jack it up,put the frame on jack stands,unbolt the lower shock mounts and one side of the swaybar endlink,let the jack down,remove the springs,pop out the rubber bumpstops,then jack the diff back up till it hits the bumpstop cups,then check and see how much driveshaft travel you have left before it bottoms out.Adjustable locating arms and a adjustable track/panhard bar will cure most of your issues,if you do have any issues.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I did a 2/2 drop on my Ram with springs, never had any issues, even carrying 1100 lbs in the bed.