lowered 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvilTwin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
hey everybody new guy here. I have a 2014 tradesman single cab. I have installed a Beltech level kit but want to go lower. What is an easy inexpensive way to do this? Thanks!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I know some have done a 3/5?

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Op

The operative terms used were "easy" and "inexpensive".

Since these terms don't really go together, I'll try to provide an overview.

Your best bet is a belltech 2/4 dropped spring kit, that comes with 2 inch lower springs for the front, 4 inch lowered springs for the rear, the panhard bracket bump stops and rear shocks.

Belltech kit 964 ~$400.

I would allow a day for installation and you will need a front end alignment, with knowledge that your camber will be close but not perfect.

You may or may not have to go further after that with brackets for the rear or other adjustments depending on ride and handling desired.

Last edited:

StickyLifter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
You *could* cut your existing springs, but you need to keep the steel cool as you cut. Go slow, and try to find a saw that has recirculating coolant. This won't be ideal, and you'll still need an alignment. Your shocks will wear out quickly and the rear axle centerline, instant center, and pinion angle will change.

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
4wd or 2?

I'm not sure if theres any rules here about offering anything for sale but I have a 4" rear drop kit I just removed from my tradesman 4x4 im trying to sell for like $125... lowering springs, sway link bars and drop bracket for the bar that connects to the rear axle and shocks which I would suggest not using but they are still good.. Unfortunately I destroyed the front adjustable drop struts to remove the springs when I lifted the truck or it would be a complete kit to do front and rear.

In any case, My truck did not have any other mods to address and drivetrain angles when I bought it and there were no vibrations or strange wear. They didnt appear to be needed to me. Mine had 126,000 on it when I bought it and it looks like it had been dropped years ago. The PO did have airlift bags in the rear springs in case there was going to be any hauling or towing done (I kept that installed with my mild lift). The difference here though is my truck is a longer crew cab with the 6.4 bed.

Last edited:

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
Something NOBODY ever checks is pinion angle. If you DO lower your truck, be sure to check your pinion angle as I'm sure it will need attention after the drop. The angle can be corrected with shims so that your driveline is in line with everything else. There's a lot geometry going on with your trucks suspension and making sure it's #1 safe. #2 reliable.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Something NOBODY ever checks is pinion angle. If you DO lower your truck, be sure to check your pinion angle as I'm sure it will need attention after the drop. The angle can be corrected with shims so that your driveline is in line with everything else. There's a lot geometry going on with your trucks suspension and making sure it's #1 safe. #2 reliable.
Coil springs and a 4 link on the 4th Gens,shims aren't used to set the pinion angle.The 3rd Gens with leaf springs used shims to set the angle,but on a 4th Gen you'll need adjustable locating arms to adjust the pinion angle

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
Coil springs and a 4 link on the 4th Gens,shims aren't used to set the pinion angle.The 3rd Gens with leaf springs used shims to set the angle,but on a 4th Gen you'll need adjustable locating arms to adjust the pinion angle
Good catch! I wasn't thinking about that! ;)

razor1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2018 single cab with a 2/3 drop and had to use a shim under the tranny mount to correct the pinion angle. Smooth as glass at 80 mph. Anything lower would require other add on parts to fix the pinion angle. Inez kit, custom 4 link arms, etc.