Lowered 2012 RAM 1500 RCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I live in KY. I bought my soon to be 16 year old a 2019 rcsb Express Classic with hemi, Chrome clad 20s, carpet, limited slip rear diff, power group, and a few other factory options with 13,000 miles for 22k at a local Dodge dealership.
Great price and a great Dad!

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Many years ago I sold cars at a high end dealership, we kept a tube of KY in the lobby.

I am not sure if you comment is reffering to the first part of my reply, or the second half... if its for the second half, here is what happened.

Bought truck for $8,900
Truck KBB was $9,100 retail value
Truck needed $4.5k repairs
They gave me $5,000 trade in value
Also took $2,500 off price of my new (current) truck, which already had $1,600 taken off its window sticker.

The truck i traded in, all the electronics were going insane, looked possessed. Lights wouldnt work, id be driving at night and all lights would shut off with no fix. Radio would stop working randomly. Needed a new TIPM, needed a few new gaskets, needed new rear pinion seal, 4x4 would sometimes get stuck on, there was alot of problems with the truck i cant remember exactly what was wrong but it had to be towed to the dealer to have it fixed, i couldnt even drive it there. It also had 180k miles on it and was a 5.7 hemi.

My new truck, (in Dec 2016) was a 2012 Ram 1500 RCSB with 32k miles on it and one owner. SUPER clean. Window price was $16,900. Before trade in talks they lowered it to $15k. Then they offered me $5k for my trade-in as-is (remember it was towed to the dealer not running with major electrical issues). So at this point, the truck i was buying was now at $10,000. Last thing was the Employee Discount (family member worked for parent company who owned dealer) which was $1,000. So now it was only $9,000 for a 4 year old Regular Cab Hemi with only 32k miles on it. Paid in cash.

I think i got a pretty good deal. In December of 2016 a 2006 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with 180k miles, major electrical issues, and a whole list of other issues would not hace gotten more then $5k.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I live in KY. I bought my soon to be 16 year old a 2019 rcsb Express Classic with hemi, Chrome clad 20s, carpet, limited slip rear diff, power group, and a few other factory options with 13,000 miles for 22k at a local Dodge dealership.

My dad was never in my life...

Dad... is that you?

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No, no response at all to your comment, just saying we just tried to make as comfortable as possible when we screwed people at the dealership as they walked away with a smile. lol

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
No, no response at all to your comment, just saying we just tried to make as comfortable as possible when we screwed people at the dealership as they walked away with a smile. lol

Ah. Ok. Yea I felt I got a pretty fair deal. I know they were not getting more then $5k for my trade in at the auction and I would have had a hard time finding a buyer with all of its problems.

And I paid $16k for my 2012 Regular Cab Hemi with 32k miles in December 2016 (I paid less cause of trade in and discounts) but that was the “price” before all the deductions. I am seeing the same trucks selling for $16k-$18k with 90k+ miles right now. These regular cabs are holding their value just as much as the 4doors and diesels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ah. Ok. Yea I felt I got a pretty fair deal. I know they were not getting more then $5k for my trade in at the auction and I would have had a hard time finding a buyer with all of its problems.

And I paid $16k for my 2012 Regular Cab Hemi with 32k miles in December 2016 (I paid less cause of trade in and discounts) but that was the “price” before all the deductions. I am seeing the same trucks selling for $16k-$18k with 90k+ miles right now. These regular cabs are holding their value just as much as the 4doors and diesels.

Not directed to you at all, lol
I was kidding, but I was also serious about the dealership taking advantage of people, they all do it. One of the reasons I quit, I couldn't knowingly do that to people.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Not directed to you at all, lol
I was kidding, but I was also serious about the dealership taking advantage of people, they all do it. One of the reasons I quit, I couldn't knowingly do that to people.

I went to automotive school, got my certs , worked about 8 months as a mechanic and during those 8 months I worked at 3 different shops because each shop after about 14 days working there the managers would start threatening me with all kinds of **** if I didn’t lie on “complimentary inspections” during oil changes and mark down that customers needed brakes, rotors, tires, radiator flushes, all kinds of ******** and I couldn’t do that to people so I would quit and I tried 3 different places and all was the same. I left the field and never went back. Education and student loans wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.