Lowering my 2013 RAM 1500 S/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jshade07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2013 Ram 1500 Express regular cab 5.7 Hemi
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not new but this is my first post and my first ever Ram. So I'm a little behind the learning curve when it comes to aftermarket upgrades. So this is my first question.

I have a 2013 Ram Express s/c 1500 5.7 2wd and a 6'4" bed. On the build sheet It's raised ride height. The previous owner put on 275/55 R20. So tires look pretty small.

The kits that I've seen are 2/4. Can I just do a 2-in drop all the way around and keep my twenties? I want new springs anyway. The ones in the back are s***. I put a full bobcat load of 3/4-in gravel in the back of it. I was like WTF. Made it home though. Thanks for those heavy duty OEM shocks. Lol I could put a bucket in half in my old Chevy. Not only do I think it would look pretty tight. I think stiffer springs would also help off the line. It would keep that rea rend from dipping and twisting. Anyway I was just curious to see if anybody has done that (Just the 2-in drop) and what it looked. like

greenakerz63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I did the belltech 2/4 drop. My problem is i bottom out on the front when going over certain bumps or on some ramps. I put in new shocks to help but it didnt. I still have my 275 55/20s. the front dropped 1 3/4 from stock height and 3 1/2 in the rear. I have coil spring blocks to put in. They helped with my 93 GMC that had the same issue after previous owner lowered it before i got it. i wish i could get lowering springs for a 3/4T to help. I tried 3 manufacturers and no one makes springs for a 3/4T.

u2slow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6BTA
May get more replies if you post in the right section ...