Lowering question(s) for 4th gen 4x4 sbrc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mailliam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello I have a 2016 4x4 sbrc I just bought. Looking at my options for lowering height and kit options.

First off I noticed that drop heights look a bit different on different trucks, I’m assuming this is do to tire sizes. I’m more so looking to get the wheel gap eliminated to a couple inches. Some trucks I’ve seen have a 5/7 drop but have a pretty big wheel gap, as well as it looks like they have a bit of a smaller wheel setup and lower ground clearance. And I see some trucks with a little 2/4 drop but have the same wheel gap as some 5/7 drops. Can you achieve this wheel gap all ellimantion with a 2/4 with stock wheels and tires? I’d prefer to keep a bit of that ground clearance for winter, but it looks like a 4/6 with bigger tyres still has plenty of ground clearance for what I want

Also for kits, I’ve found on 1 website (ihc) the lowest kit they have for 4x4 is a 3/5. I’ve also found on another site (moes) they have a 4/7 kit for 4x4 but it specifies “only for quad or crew cab” can I use a 4/7 kit for quad/crew on a regular cab? I’m having trouble seeing the difference that the cab configuration makes on the suspension.

I’m still a bit confused on what I want though, if I can achieve that look I’m going for with a 2/4 and save a bit of work then that’ll be great, but if possible for a bit more low I’d still consider going with a 3/5 or 4/7. (Considering with stock wheels and tires) it seems to me anyways, a 2/4 would get me pretty close to what I’m after

Picture of my truck:
AFAACA54-89B6-4D74-89CB-83827090E265.jpeg
E238F38B-2894-47D4-91C4-32E0C35C1A6B.jpeg