Lyell's Muffler Delete - A Mufflex Alternative

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CynicalDeadbeat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys, first post here so please pardon any formatting errors.

Since I bought my truck, I knew I was going to take the muffler off. Most of my vehicles don't make it very long before I do a muffler delete. I did some research and decided that it would be best to buy a pre-fabbed delete kit and keep the rear resonators to try to eliminate some of the raspiness.

During my reading, I've found the two most common to be the Mufflex and the Plan-B Fab pipes; However, I can't justify spending $250 on something that I could make myself at work (If they would let us work on our own projects after hours that is...) and decided to look into alternatives.

I was fully prepared to buy a Y pipe and some Canadian Tire pipe sections and just try to rig something up when I came across the Lyell's muffler delete kit for our 4th Gens. Here is the link to it:https://www.mandrelbending.ca/products/2009-2018-dodge-ram-aggressive-muffler-delete

Now, that's a more affordable price, but has anyone ever used one? How do they fit? How do they sound?

Me being me, I decided to find out myself - So I ordered it about 4 hours ago on my lunch break. It should hopefully be here in 3-5 business days and then it's off to the ****Box Garage to throw it in.

I haven't found anything regarding the delete pipe, just their slip on muffler system in one thread, so I'll probably make a before and after video with an overview on the build quality and whatnot, as well as a separate sound clip video; Since, if you're like me, you don't wanna hear some guy yapping about his truck, you wanna hear it!

But if anyone has any experience using these delete pipes please let me know if theres anything I should be aware of and if there are any questions about it I'll gladly answer them to the best of my abilities!

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The part says its aluminized. I see you live in The Great White North where there is lots of snow. I would be worried about rust

JScroggs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-liter Hemi V8
I currently have one installed on my 2014 1500. Put it on in July and I love it!!!

I installed it myself in a garage with very limited space and tools so it took a couple hours. Hardest part was getting the rust off the factory exhaust bolts.

It is a true bolt on. No modifications were required.

I keep meaning to post a before and after video but been very busy since the install.

As you mentioned for the price it’s a hell of a deal!!!!

The only thing you have to worry about is the MDS. But from my knowledge that’s an issue with most after market exhausts on our trucks.

Me personally I just leave the MDS on unless I really want to hear it, then I’ll turn it off. But mpg are important to me so I keep it on a lot.

OP
OP
C

CynicalDeadbeat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well Guys, I hate to be THAT guy.... But i went ahead and installed it on a cold, windy, snowing day.... Meaning that I couldn't get a proper before and after video. Add that to the fact that I forgot about this thread, I didn't take a video at all.

However, I CAN say that I am extremely happy with how it turned out. It sounds amazing, and with the rear resonators still on it is a very mild sound once warm. Cold starts are quite noisy, but it's a nice noise. If any one is still interested, I can do a Cold/Warm start video. I apologize for not getting a before video for you all.

LyellStainless

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
-
Engine
-
Just came across this thread, and appreciate all the kind words. We're so happy you like our muffler deletes!
I'm always around the forums if you ever have any questions or inquiries feel free to give me a message.
If you guys are on instagram, feel free to give us a follow and tag us in any photos of your trucks - @LyellStainless

@CynicalDeadbeat @JScroggs