M² Mods Intro & Project List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oe542bob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque 5.7
Nice pics and write up Northvibe. Makes me want a cargo cam, even if I don’t need it! HaHa!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Id be all over the cargo cam, except my Extang eMax tonneau cover folds all the way up to the back window and will block the cargo cam :(

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I have no idea what happened, but I went to check a different year module and when I turned the key to on, the cargo camera was working

9e73ed38f3c415eecf32f253af1244d4.jpg

Also my menu settings for DRL enabled.... ugh it’s like IBM, it’s black magic ;)
2018 UAx radio?
They can take several key cycles before some options show up

M² Mods.

northvibe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice pics and write up Northvibe. Makes me want a cargo cam, even if I don’t need it! HaHa!

I probably don’t need it either ;) but with hauling lots of pinball and arcade stuff, I wanted to be able to watch it. Sometimes they can get a little wild back there. 99% I’ll just see a tonneau cover flapping ;)

northvibe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2018 UAx radio?
They can take several key cycles before some options show up

M² Mods.

Ya 209 classic, uas radio. Ah, well glad it was just a handful of key cycles. Funny part is, the non head unit changes are immediate, the menu settings are the things that need the key cycles. Time for the trailer brake :)

Straight shooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Have 2018 Tradesman. Want to put fog lights into bumper. Done a ton of research. Changed out bumper, have fog lights installed, have wire harness installed, have switch installed. Need jumper wire from fog light harness to fuse box. I see that you make these. How do I get one and how do I get in contact with you?

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Have 2018 Tradesman. Want to put fog lights into bumper. Done a ton of research. Changed out bumper, have fog lights installed, have wire harness installed, have switch installed. Need jumper wire from fog light harness to fuse box. I see that you make these. How do I get one and how do I get in contact with you?
Sent you a private message with details

M² Mods.

Mark985

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey I know this is a 4th gen thread but do you have any experience with the 5th gen 8.4 to 12 swap? I have it installed but keep getting a black screen except when in reverse and few buttons on radio itself not responding but steering wheel buttons work fine. I’m abt to give up on it.

lhinma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i need to install an aftermarket back up camera above the door of my camper shell... after adding a rear swing gate bumper on my 2018 Power Wagon the spare tire now covers the OEM backup camera in the tail gate.

Also, from the post above it sounds like a front camera can be mounted and wired into the 8.4 so the front camera would come on when switching to cargo camera setting?

Thanks for what you do for the RAM community.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hey I know this is a 4th gen thread but do you have any experience with the 5th gen 8.4 to 12 swap? I have it installed but keep getting a black screen except when in reverse and few buttons on radio itself not responding but steering wheel buttons work fine. I’m abt to give up on it.
I have heard there may be a setting in the BCM configuration to tell the truck it has a seperate display from the radio/media center module or center stack display. Would need AlfaOBD and OBDLink MX BT go poking around and find it. @00R/T may know what it's called.

M² Mods.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have heard there may be a setting in the BCM configuration to tell the truck it has a seperate display from the radio/media center module or center stack display. Would need AlfaOBD and OBDLink MX BT go poking around and find it. @00R/T may know what it's called.

M² Mods.

The only setting I’m aware of that seems related to that is the list of modules that are present on the bus. I forget the exact acronym they use for the remote display, but it’s on the list. I spoke with the AlfaOBD devs and that was also the only one they knew of.

I’ve been trying to get an 18 Pacifica radio to work for a custom project and I can’t. This radio is the same as the 18 RAM, but uses a separate screen and brain like the 5th gen RAMs. It’s possible I got bad hardware, but my suspicion is that the issue is with that setting. I don’t know if there is another one they hid somewhere that I don’t know about or if something else is going on, but it or may not work if you try it on the RAM.

Now, this is assuming you have a non-Nav 8.4 or one of the smaller radios. The 5th gen 8.4 with nav uses a separate brain and screen just like the 12.1 does, so it’s very likely that whatever setting is needed is already present on those from the factory.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Special K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I’m new to the forum and am looking to get the fog light extension harness for a 2014 Ram 2500 tradesman. Any help would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I’m new to the forum and am looking to get the fog light extension harness for a 2014 Ram 2500 tradesman. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sending you a message with details now...

M² Mods.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I'm taking a vacation and will not be taking any new orders for my projects until Monday Nov 4th. I will probably pop back in from time to time until then.

Mike G.

(DeereGuy is still taking orders for his projects as far as I know).

M² Mods.

Last edited:

warwagon98xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What all do I need to add a cargo cam to an 18 with the 8.4 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jchristian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey Hey guys I need to purchase what looks like the two fog light harnesses can you tell me where to get them and how to purchase
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 that I put fog lights into . my model came with none
thanks

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
From the Foglight add-on thread...
DIY: Add 2013-2018 OEM Foglight Wiring.
Do you already have the Mopar jumper harness between the Foglights in the bumper that the dogs out into (with male 4 pin connector on driver side behind the headlight)?

See pictures in the op of both the Mopar jumper harness and our extension harness. (You need both)
[/URL].

Did you already add/have the Mopar jumper harness between the 2 Foglights in the bumper on your 14Ram1500?

If you need the harness in the bumper between the Foglights, you will need to identify wherever you have the 2 piece bumper (steel bottom w/plastic valence above it) or 1 piece plastic bumper (ie Express/Sport) so to know what Mopar harness PN to get.

I'll send you a message about getting the Extension from us.

M² Mods.

Last edited: