M² Mods Intro & Project List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
hey guys i need help , i have the 4 speed fan control with de 5 inch uconnect , and now i just purchase , the bezel with control but not dual zone, uconnect 8.4 and hvac module and the wire to connect hvac to bezel , but my fan are not working , do i have to buy the wire harness for a 7 speed and a resistor too ? or do i need something else ,

Sounds like you have the wrong 8.4 conversion harness (for a 1500) and likely wrong HVAC module (for a 1500?) ... & Will likely need a new 7spd fan resistor as well as correct conversion & fan harness & HVAC module (Where did you get it?)

I'll try to check back later... Out of the house tonight ... ... need to know...

What year is your truck?

1500?

what radio you originally had (Ra2? W/phone & VR buttons on wheel & mics on mirror/headliner?).

What year/model 8.4 radio you plan to use (13-17 Ra3/Ra4 or 18 UAS/UAQ),

Do you have a Backup Camera/Cargo Cam? (Where do they display?)

What parts, if any have you bought?
(** Actual ** PNs & pictures help)

M² Mods.

Last edited:

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
first my truck is a 2016 dually 3500 ram 6.7 cummins manual (g56 trans) in truck right now i have a 5 inch uconnect with bluetooth,command in wheel for radio and phone, rear camera , i have 4 speed fan and what i have purchase is a 8.4 ra4 from a 2017 , single zone bezel, hvac module is p68239172ab don't know if is for a 4 speed or 7 speed , and i have the conversion cable that came with it , previous owner has this on is truck but don't know if for a 4 speed or 7 speed , i don't have this info, iM about to purchase the 7 speed resistor , and i want to make sure , the cable that goes to the motor fan and the resistor is the only cable that i need, the radio work good , backup camera is ok too, all radio fonction as it should , except for temperature fan ,

i just found something , the hvac 68105017AE should work someone said but when i check compatibility its said for a 2013 and 2014 only ??? and the conversion cable from 4 to 7 speed and the 7 speed resistor is the item i need apparently , if yes , where can i buy the cable and did they ship to canada ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@frederic noel
That p68239172ab Module is for a 14-17 ram 1500 with RAx radio... you need the 68105017AE Module (for a 13-17 ram 2500/3500 with RAx radio), and the Mopar/Denso 7 speed resistor mentioned in the 8.4 upgrade. (I carry these also).

I need to see an actual picture of the conversion harness you have. If you got it as a set (radio, bezel, Module, harness) used from someone else's truck, it is likely a setup for a factory 7 speed 1500 truck and not compatible in any way. ... If it's one of my newer universal harnesses someone got previously, you may be able to add the needed 4 to 7 speed fan/resistor harness.
(I can tell from pictures if it's one of mine)

PS: I'm going to send you a private message/start a private conversation to keep from cluttering things up here.

M² Mods.

Last edited:

frederic noel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so if i want everything worked i need the 68105017AE 7 speed resistor 68048901AA and this harness in picture with the other that connect to it for the blower and resistor , correct ?

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
That's one of my earlier 7 speed only conversion harnesses... It Won't help you.

Will reply in private message return additional info.

M² Mods.

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Another successful 8.4 RA3/Single zone ATC upgrade thanks to Mike and his harnesses/parts...I went 'all in' and bought the harnesses, module, resistor, and ATC sensor, so I only had to focus on Radio and bezel...Great products and outstanding support...

My 2014 SLT 3500 is slowly becoming the truck I want it to be...

THANKS M2 Mods...

Cheers, Rick

Dragbug

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If this is not the right place to post, please delete. I am wanting to replace my 12v power outlet with an aftermarket USB socket just for charging. I have a media hub from a Chrysler 200 that works but the two USB trigger car play and when my son connects the ipad to the other port, it kills the connection from my iphone. I don't want to cut any wires or use any mickey mouse connecters. Is there an adapter that has just the power and ground connections on one end to connect the the aftermarket USB and then on the other end, connects to the same factory connection the 12V power outlet connects to?

Rambolt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Mpgrimm2,

I'm looking at doing the Heated/ventilated wheel and seats and was wondering about your harness with the option with memory. I'll get with Benny to get myself a new heated clock spring and the proper hard key control panel. My truck is a 2014 express I've already done the 8.4 RA4 with 7 spd controls. Since I have a Express yeah I don't have the needed wiring. I already picked up a leather wheel and have OBlink MX+ and AlfaOBD. I'm in the process of sourcing Laramie seats and plan on doing this come spring / summer could I get on the list or if ready go to private pm and discuss. Thanks

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hello Mpgrimm2,

I'm looking at doing the Heated/ventilated wheel and seats and was wondering about your harness with the option with memory. I'll get with Benny to get myself a new heated clock spring and the proper hard key control panel. My truck is a 2014 express I've already done the 8.4 RA4 with 7 spd controls. Since I have a Express yeah I don't have the needed wiring. I already picked up a leather wheel and have OBlink MX+ and AlfaOBD. I'm in the process of sourcing Laramie seats and plan on doing this come spring / summer could I get on the list or if ready go to private pm and discuss. Thanks

Send me a message when you're about 2-4 weeks out (my typical ETA), or if you'd like to start getting info and details on the harness and options.
Its important that you get a set of 13-18/Classic seats with SRS Airbag tags sticking out of the stitching along the side.
(09-12 seats like very similar, will bolt up, but have different connectors/wiring, no Airbags, and aren't compatible)

M² Mods.

JohnCA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500HD
Engine
Not sure if you ship to canada, but I would like to get the Foglight Extension Harness for a 2017 ram 3500

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
PM sent regarding harness order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017Ramindisguise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need a wiring harness for my 2017 ram 1500 tradesmen to tap into my tipm to wire up fog lights

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

Vman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Hi, I’m looking for...
- 2 rear footwell light harnesses
- 1 harness for adding rear parking assist..not the one that connects to the sensors themselves, but the one that connects that harness back to the module

Are these harnesses you can make and, if so, how much?

OP
OP
Mpgrimm2

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Hi, I’m looking for...
- 2 rear footwell light harnesses
- 1 harness for adding rear parking assist..not the one that connects to the sensors themselves, but the one that connects that harness back to the module

Are these harnesses you can make and, if so, how much?
Sorry... Not something I currently offer/plan to.

M² Mods.

garyinskeep1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram Ecodiesel
Engine
3.0l Ecodiesel
Hi I purchased a oem camera for my 2014 Dodge Ram ecodiesel.It came with just camera thought it came with wiring Where can I find the wire that goes from camera to the radio I have a 8.4 inch radio.I no I need to use alpha obd to make camera work but can not find proper wires I would of bought an entire kit but made mistake of purchasing just oem camera without tailgate handle and wiring can anyone please help

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk