Magnaflow Catalytic Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87LC2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Does anyone run this Magnaflow converter on their 5.2 - https://www.amazon.com/MagnaFlow-23...tic+dodge+ram+5.2&qid=1572352583&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Noticed a rattle at idle so got under the truck and it's definitely the OEM converter, sounds like it broke apart inside when I bang on it. Truck still runs great, but I know at some point it will completely fail and cause me problems.

Figured this wold be an easy replacement option and looks a bit bigger than the stock setup with nice mandrel bends. Anyone use this? Any opinions?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have recommended Magnaflow products to my customers over the years with zero complaints. These direct fit y-pipes are a nice, clean setup. With stainless steel construction you will have years of reliable service.

OP
OP

87LC2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
Good to hear, thank you. I think this is the way I'll go. I'll definitely replace both O2 sensors when I do this, they dont look like they're coming out...Also not looking forward to removing the bolts that attach the current y pipe setup to the manifolds, hopefully they come out without breaking.

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I guess it depends if you need the converter to pass emissions or not. If not, you can install a 99 Dakota Y pipe - which uses a separate converter - and tie it into the rest of your exhaust without installing a converter. I used an Eastern Exhaust 93103 on mine, which was only about $60 shipped. It has the upstream O2 **** installed. You can leave the downstream as is - it doesn't seem to affect tuning or throw codes - ECM only seems to read heater function. Here's a link to my exhaust build on my 96 5.9 Ram 1500.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/96-ram-exhaust-build.148660/

Last edited:

Magnaflow

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi LC2, we know of a number of members here who have used our replacement catalytic converters with nothing but positive reviews. We would recommend double-checking compatibility for your exact model year and vehicle trim on our website's application guide below to ensure you are purchasing the correct product. If there are any other questions we can answer, please send us a PM or call at 1-800-990-0905!

https://www.magnaflow.com/?search-open=true&step=ymm

AK12MN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
I Purchased this exact CC for my Dodge in 2015. Install was very easy. Have some PB Blaster on hand to hit those bolts. Overall I am pleased, but truck throws a P0420 code every 6 months or so. Use Torque to reset. Make sure if you change your O2 Sensors to not use Bosch. I Had to go back and replace with NGK. If ordering on Amazon be sure to check the connector before ordering to get the right one. My truck I found out has California Emissions. GL

Reactions: Mop