Magnaflow exhaust installed and I like...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crazyro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wanted just a little more rumble but nothing that would make my neighbors hate me. The direct fit/swap Magnaflow 19493 was just right. Under normal circumstances it would be a 30-60 minute job but mine didn't want to go without a fight. Had to cut brackets off as the nuts wouldn't budge (darn rust) but in the end I love the results! The 6.4 sounds like it has woken up just a little. So far no drone and can't wait to see what it sounds like under load pulling the camper. Since it's not too loud, I think it'll be just right.

(and yes, she's dirty...)

Horse482

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wanted just a little more rumble but nothing that would make my neighbors hate me. The direct fit/swap Magnaflow 19493 was just right. Under normal circumstances it would be a 30-60 minute job but mine didn't want to go without a fight. Had to cut brackets off as the nuts wouldn't budge (darn rust) but in the end I love the results! The 6.4 sounds like it has woken up just a little. So far no drone and can't wait to see what it sounds like under load pulling the camper. Since it's not too loud, I think it'll be just right.

(and yes, she's dirty...)

I'm looking at the same setup. Have you had a chance to pull, how loud was the exhaust noise in the cab?

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yeah I installed the direct fit 19439 and I had to fight with the removal of the stock muffler, even on a new truck, installing the Magnaflow was easy!

I've had it a few months use with it and I like it a lot!

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have had the magnaflow on for couple of years and it is louder now than first install ..... sounds perfect & no drone!!!

JLEONARD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I just removed my MF muffler last week. My second experience, both times the muffler got louder over time and droned. Even the 22" muffler. Shame because it sounded great minus that drone. Can't deal with drone.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I just removed my MF muffler last week. My second experience, both times the muffler got louder over time and droned. Even the 22" muffler. Shame because it sounded great minus that drone. Can't deal with drone.

Yeah I noticed some droning but only when going up a hill or during a light effort... Probably when towing as well but haven't done that yet. If it gets annoying, I'll take it off.

At Hwy speeds it's still good. Mind you it's only a few months old. :|

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Its because of the fiberglass in the wall of the muffler getting packed down/burnt out over time. Its very normal happens to all magnaflows.
There are different types of mufflers that dont change sound over time I would recommend one of those.