Magnaflow or Flow Master?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
I have a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn . Curious as to see what people think? The shop I’m going to this Saturday has both. Which do I go with?

I got a 5.7.

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Carven. Although i dont have mine installed yet (waiting to be delivered) from all the ones i looked up on youtube cideos, the carven sounded the best to me.

Is all subjective really, what i may like you dont and vice versa. Cant go wrong with either really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
go 24” magnaflow is you like that deeeeeep heavy breathing big bad wolf rumble.. go flowmaster if you like laud tinny V6 sound..
i got my 24 inch magnaflow kit off amazon came with two pipes and hangers welded on the muffler took an hour to install perfect fit

Ram 1970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the flowmaster fx. Has tone, but it's "civilized". The flowmaster Outlaw is a more robust tone, but I drive long trips and hearing that roar for 20 hours can be a little irritating. I'm not 21 years old anymore.

You want it more robust?....have them remove the resonators.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the flowmaster fx. Has tone, but it's "civilized". The flowmaster Outlaw is a more robust tone, but I drive long trips and hearing that roar for 20 hours can be a little irritating. I'm not 21 years old anymore.

You want it more robust?....have them remove the resonators.

Resonation is what gives you the headache on long trips! I abhor it because of my advanced age. I found that longer mufflers help some, but resonators are a definite must, IMHO!

Wesley Kottas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Flowmaster ... American Thunder! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT no drone, throaty but this will not get your neighbors screaming at you. Plus ... I gained 2 mpg. 2019 4x4 Larime, new body 5.7. Easy install. Went thru Discount Bandit and save over $100

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
go 24” magnaflow is you like that deeeeeep heavy breathing big bad wolf rumble.. go flowmaster if you like laud tinny V6 sound..
i got my 24 inch magnaflow kit off amazon came with two pipes and hangers welded on the muffler took an hour to install perfect fit
Do you have a link to that kit?

NDanecker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My tuner said Flowmaster is great if you want that sound but not a good choice for performance (better options out there). Take that however you want.

I currently have Magnaflow and don't really like it. Something inside the muffler came apart (about year old) that you can hear rattle around. Def don't want it to come apart internally and block exhaust under boost as it can do motor damage. I have a Corsa exhaust going in now. Will post video of both.

BigLazer4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Run a X pipe, with dual Borlas and dual bottle resonators near the tips. It will sound great.

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
I prefer the sound of chambered exhaust

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I guess you've already done what you're gonna do but here's my 2 cents.

I put an 18" Mufflex/Magnaflow on my '15 with Moe's 5" tips. It was one of the best sounding vehicles I've heard.

I put a Borla Type-S cat-back on my '20 and it sounds even better. It reminds me of a vintage Chris Craft - totally burbly and moderately (but not obnoxiously - to me...) loud.

Magnaflow

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If there are any questions we can answer in regards to our mufflers and selecting the right model, please do not hesitate to shoot us a PM or call at 1-800-990-0905!