Maintenance Schedule Updated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have the Mopar/Ram app and was looking at the maintenance schedule and it is completely different from what it used to look like. It says to change oil when the oil life indicator says to and change fuel filters every second oil change. No mention of mileage or time period. Has anyone else seen or heard this elsewhere? I’ll check with the dealer Monday since it’s too late to call today. I heard they had extended the service interval on the 19’s but haven’t heard anything about the earlier models. Mine is an 18’ and the app doesn’t align with the owner manual. ???

OP
OP
OLEJOE

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
41FCB0B9-DB06-4226-839C-E76C6D76B3E7.png I sent an email to FCA. I’ll let y’all know what I find out.

Last edited:

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
First I'm hearing of it, hope it is true. I always thought the oil/fuel filter changes were a bit paranoid.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
So they are talking up to 30K miles on fuel filters???

OP
OP
OLEJOE

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I don’t know. I haven’t heard back from them yet but I agree about the oil changes. Every 6 months is a little soon I think. I have 23 days to go to get to 6 months and have 2400 miles. I don’t mind the physical part of changing the oil and filter but it’s the waste of money and resources at such a low mileage. I do know some people keep the oil hot in theirs and get plenty of miles and probably have to change theirs earlier than that because of the mileage. I let y’all know what I find out.

OP
OP
OLEJOE

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
So they are talking up to 30K miles on fuel filters???

On the Mopar app it says change fuel filters at 20k. It says miles or years but doesn’t say anything about how many years. If they did change the fuel filter change interval wouldn’t they have to reflash it into the ECM or which ever CM keeps up with that? I know mine is still in line to be changed at 15k. (FF) I’ve got 5600 miles with 63% left to go on the FF’s.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
I am within a hundred or so miles of my first fuel filter change at 15K miles. The manual states that the "Service Filter" notification should come on at 5% life remaining. My gauge has counted down to 0%, and still no notification. I am going to go a couple hundred more miles just to see if it comes on. Either the manual is wrong, or something is wacky.

OP
OP
OLEJOE

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Maybe they did an OTA update on your truck? I hate the conflicting information about this. I’ve seen the filters changed and other than being soaked with fuel the front filter always looks good. Read a post somewhere where a guy ran his 40k and got a message to change his but said it was still running great. I won’t go that long and probably won’t go 15k on the oil either.

OP
OP
OLEJOE

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Well I got a reply back today and it seems nothing has changed.

Based on the information you have provided, the best plan of action is to follow the recommended maintenance schedule provided within the owners manual or diesel supplement booklet for your 2018 Ram 2500. These are free to download or preview directly from our brand website.