Manual Side Mirrors - Adjustable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greeny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.5 ecodiesel
First post, hopefully I'll be getting my new to me 2014 Ram Ecodiesel this week. One issue, and I know it sounds crazy, but this is a work truck, with manual windows, locks and side mirrors. I would assume that to adjust the side mirrors, you stick your hand out the window, and push on the mirror glass to adjust it up, down, and side to side. That's what I did for years on every other one of my cars so equipped.

But the mirrors don't move on this truck. You push on the mirrors, and they don't move. I assumed that the mechanism is simply stuck, or maybe the prior owner decided to glue it in position. I've seen crazier things before.

But the salesman is telling me "this is how they are supposed to be." Under ordinary circumstances, I'd be insulted. How can side mirrors not be adjustable?

I cannot, in a million years, think that this is the case, but just to be on the safe side, I tried looking in an owners manual on line, and there's nothing that mentions it. I assume because it's one of those things that is so obvious.

But am I going nuts here? Are these side mirrors not supposed to be adjustable?

Thank you!

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
They adjust , spray some penetrating oil from a tube into the back of the mirror to help free it up.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
It would be illegal for a car manufacturer to have a mirror that can't be adjusted

Why would you ask a salesman, a salesman can't hardly change a tire

OP
OP
G

Greeny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.5 ecodiesel
It would be illegal for a car manufacturer to have a mirror that can't be adjusted

Why would you ask a salesman, a salesman can't hardly change a tire
I swear, you know that Monty Python routine, with the dead parrot? Where the salesman denies that the parrot is dead, but insists that it's only sleeping? That's what this is...