Manual to electric seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe_buonomo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, not sure if it’s been posted here before but here’s what’s up:
I have a 2016 2500 SLT, came with cloth manual seats, I just upgraded to the Laramie leather seats and need some advice/help with the electrical stuff. The yellow plug under the seat hooked up fine but none of the buttons (to move the seat forward/back tilt etc.) work currently. Because my truck is an SLT, I’m not sure if the wiring is tucked under the carpet or if I need to add all new wiring and buttons and such. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

pittrader1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd love to know if anyone did this. I have a 2018 Tradesman with cloth seats (not powered). I'd love to upgrade without buying a new truck.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The "in cab harness" is put into the cab before they install the dash board or seats.

There is a good chance that most of the harness is under the mat
when you buy the seat control switches, possibly the pigtails are in the box

OP
OP
J

Joe_buonomo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update: the seats I bought obviously had all the wiring in them, all I did was tap the red power wire from the button panel on the side of the seat itself and ran it to the battery and now they work perfectly. The only thing left is the lumbar switch, for some reason it’s a different motor, and the heated and cooled aspect

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
the Lumbar is in the lower section of the seat back
It is not really a motor

from what i understand is it is an Inflatable Cushion & a small air pump

I may be wrong, i have never taken the fabric off the seat back

OP
OP
J

Joe_buonomo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the Lumbar is in the lower section of the seat back
It is not really a motor

from what i understand is it is an Inflatable Cushion & a small air pump

I may be wrong, i have never taken the fabric off the seat back
Yes you’re correct. I still am not sure which one is the power wire but hopefully I’ll figure that out soon.

Wicked_A

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8 flex fuel
Update: the seats I bought obviously had all the wiring in them, all I did was tap the red power wire from the button panel on the side of the seat itself and ran it to the battery and now they work perfectly. The only thing left is the lumbar switch, for some reason it’s a different motor, and the heated and cooled aspect
Did you manage to get them all working power/heated and cooled functions? I have a 2013 Tradesmen and have switched all the interior into a Longhorn interior console, cluster and dash and all door panels the only thing missing was my cloth into leather amd just bought 2022 Ram Longhorn seats installed them but no functions. I've read some forums but just not trying to complicate myself overthinking as to having them function. Is it really just tapping into the power seats only, for them to start working moving wise?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam