Map light function

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STobias

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Cummins
I own a 2015 Ram 2500 Laramie. I had the headliner replaced by the dealer due to a leaking third tail light. Now the map light does not come on with the dome light when the door is opened. The map light also doesn't function unless you turn the manual dome light switch on down on the dash and then press the dome light to turn it on. The dealer tells me this is normal and I have no way to prove different. I recalled the map light coming on with the dome light when the door was opened and you could depress the map light and turn it on it anytime. Could those of you with the same 2015 model respond as to the operation of your map light? Also does anybody have a vehicle where the map light only functions when you turn on the manual dome light switch on the dash? Thanks for your help

Mike R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure if this is a help but right after buying a 2019 Laramie the overhead
lights just quit working completely due to a drain being twisted on sliding roof. Turns out that connectors near passenger rear door were corroded due to water leakage and needed to be replaced. I know your problem is somewhat different but it may be same result due to water damage of connectors.

OP
OP
S

STobias

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Cummins
Thanks for the response. The dealer has now acknowledged there is a problem but they have no idea what. I will point out that corrosion due to the leak is a possibility and something they should investigate.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
never ends fix something and here comes a new problem comes in 3 they say