Maxcare Extended Warranty Cover Rear Air Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeL77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have a 2021 3500 SRW Short Box Crew Cab with factory Air Suspension. I just bought a Maxcare 8 year, 100K extended warranty from Ziegler. Nowhere in the literature does it mention the auto factory Rear Air Suspension, compressor or other components. It notes front air suspension is covered which my truck does not have. Is the factory rear Air Suspension covered?

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I have a 2021 3500 SRW Short Box Crew Cab with factory Air Suspension. I just bought a Maxcare 8 year, 100K extended warranty from Ziegler. Nowhere in the literature does it mention the auto factory Rear Air Suspension, compressor or other components. It notes front air suspension is covered which my truck does not have. Is the factory rear Air Suspension covered?
From my Max Care:

REAR SUSPENSION: Rear Leaf Springs; Rear Coil Springs; Auxiliary Springs; Spring Interliner; Spring Bushing; Spring Shackle;
U-Bolt Rear Spring; Spring Hanger; Axle Trac Bar; Lateral Link Arm; Shocks; Shock Mount Plate; Struts; Strut Mounting Plates; Strut
Bushings; Rear Trailing Arm Assembly; Rear Torsion Arms; Rear Torsion Bars; Rear Stabilizer/Sway Bar; Rear Stabilizer/Sway Bar

Link; Rear Stabilizer/Sway Bar Bushing; Rear Wheel Bearings.

It does not say that is it covered (compared to the front suspension that specifically says "air suspension").

I do know the 4-corner air suspension is covered so I don't see why the rear leveling wouldn't be, especially if it was installed at the factory.

You can call FCA or Zeigler and ask them. You can also stop by the dealership that you will be taking your truck to and ask their service department if it's covered.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
On my 2015 3500 Cummins with the factory rear air leveling system, the compressor and the driver's side sensor both crapped out. The repair was covered by my MaxCare warranty, my only cost was the $100 deductible.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
MaxCare is an exclusionary contract, unless it specfically says it's NOT covered, it's covered.
True but it is up to the discretion of the dealership to make any grey area determination (is it covered?, how confident are they that FCA will pay them for the repair?).

If it is listed then it's clear. The only obstacle will be the confidence level of the service department to perform the repair without incurring any expense on their part (damaging something). I've read of dealerships denying work because they were concerned about the complexity of a repair and that they did not want to be liable for any damage during (or after due to) the repair. They would rather take in low risk repairs to maximize their profits.

Last edited:

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
MaxCare is an exclusionary contract, unless it specfically says it's NOT covered, it's covered.
Yup....and the front suspension says "air suspension system". A "system" is defined by all it's parts, front or rear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plato45