MaxCare Lifetime Warranty Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cyberbiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After leaving my dealers request in “Pending” status for almost 3 weeks (with all requests for info previously submitted by my dealer), I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Chrysler today. Here’s what I learned.

Talking to Chrysler on MaxCare warranty issues is pointless. They state that they don’t handle them, Mopar Vehicle Protection does. Don’t bother explaining to them that they’re part of the same company, their answer is “We (Chrysler) can’t talk to them (Mopar Vehicle Protection)”.

Chrysler will then offer to transfer you to Mopar Vehicle Protection. You’ll be on hold a while, but they do pick up. After you explain the situation they will say yes we can help you with that. They will then put you on hold for 20 minutes. When someone finally does pick up you will find that Mopar has transferred you back to Chrysler, who will tell you (again) that they can’t help you.

So you go through the same process again but this time you insist that Chrysler stay on the line with Mopar. They did this, which only proves that they can in fact talk to each other.

After explaining the situation again with both parties on the phone so they can’t point the finger at each other, Mopar will then tell you that they in fact cannot help you. Now they’ll say only “Digital Imaging” can help you, but you can’t speak to them, only the dealer can communicate with them by email.

You will then explain that Digital Imaging then is the department that’s left this in pending mode for almost 3 weeks, when all their requests have long ago been responded to, and I need assistance in getting this unstuck, and I’m asking Mopar Vehicle Protection for that assistance since this is your warranty.

They will say again that they can’t help you, only Digital Imaging can and I need to have my dealer email Digital Imaging, which of course they’ve already been doing, and which of course, is simply a department of the same company that’s saying they can’t help me.

Regardless of how frustrating this has been, I’ve tried to refrain from any inflammatory commentary and simply posted the facts. This is apparently the situation we have with our MaxCare warranties at the moment, at least if it involves a transmission.

Hopefully they’ll do the right thing and things will improve in the future.
I’m going through this exact same situation with my truck and trying to get authorization for a failed WIN module. They initially asserted that I needed a Powertrain inspection even though I have an active MaxCare warranty and the failing part is not related to the Powertrain. My service advisor stated that he has another customer being given the same runaround. Multiple calls w different diversion tactics and multiple email submissions from the dealership though latest call noted it was escalated to the department responsible for approval. I know that FCA won the Powertrain class action lawsuit so maybe they have gotten bolder in their tactics to deny/delay claims. My service advisor will follow up with them and me tomorrow so we’ll see. With other comments here seems a separate class action for lifetime MaxCare may be warranted distinct from the Powertrain warranty.

Last edited: