Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Sabatula

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Prolly just park it to save gas and get a ****** to run around it. That 6.4 ain't no gas sipper.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
You have 209k miles on your truck, maybe try some gasoline additive to help clean up stuff: https://www.amsoil.com/p/p-i-performance-improver-gasoline-additive-api/

Or your choosing of product. May or may not help. The other suggestions made would be some options....I know Amsoil makes an octane booster too, don't know if it is recommended for regular driving, but worth looking into if running 87 octane to keep everything economical.

Keeping it cost effective, try a deeper pleat/aftermarket dry filter.

BlackGold6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For me when driving/towing my 2014 Ram 2500 6.4/ 4.10 gears .. when empty I find that at 108Kms is the best highway fuel mileage and when in tow/Haul mode I keep the RPM's around 2100 and get the best mileage. I use K&N air filter with 0W40 full syn Pennzoil SRT oil and all other oil are synthetic too. You'll have to covert these #'s to MPG.. Best not towing was 14L/100Kms from Buffalo to Chicago (had about 2500lbs on board) and best towing is about 17L/100kms with 6 person bumper pull camper (older heavier one). I was very happy with those #'s but will probably never see them again due to the work been doing to the truck. I do not do as much highway and or towing as much anymore and that's mostly due to Covid but this truck spends most of it's time in the bush. We will not be talking about what mileage it makes in the bush ... lol but I can say that that aftermarket work that was done to the 66RFE helped with fuel mileage while off-roading but didn't do anything for highway/towing.

Willie Mosher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 gas
Willie 2 cent,

Cover up back wheel block air in front of wheel 4 inch below center axle, trailer as well,

I discovered this by accident,
sewer storage pipe on camp
Trailer, put in front of axle so
Close to dumb,

Willie

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Large gas engine and 7000# truck is only going to do so well. Re-gearing? You'd probably be looking at 500,000 mile payback period. Depending on your driving style it well may never pay off. Cleaners and additives? You'll burn more gas driving to buy them than you'll ever save. If it matters slow down. That's by far the biggest thing you can do to save fuel.