Maximum level on Bilstein 5100 without compromising stock ucas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gafas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi,
I know there's a lot of info about Bilsteins. Sorry if someone already post that.
What I'm currently planning on a budget.
Front Bilstein 5100 2.1 level (with stock uca) that's my concern
Rear all stock with a 1.5 spacer.

Planning later on to install on the rear.
I appreciate your feedback,

Thank you,

Pedro

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hi,
I know there's a lot of info about Bilsteins. Sorry if someone already post that.
What I'm currently planning on a budget.
Front Bilstein 5100 2.1 level (with stock uca) that's my concern
Rear all stock with a 1.5 spacer.

Planning later on to install on the rear.
I appreciate your feedback,

Thank you,

Pedro
2.1 is fine with stock UCA’s if you send @Nick@GotExhaust a message he can get you set up with the Bilsteins all the way around and Bilstein also makes rear coils that pair perfectly with the 2.1 setting. Spend the few extra dollars and.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2.1 is about as high as you want to go on stock UCA's. However if you plan to off road it may pay to upgrade them anyway. For street use the stock ones are fine at that height

Message me if you would like a quote on anything.

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2.1 is about as high as you want to go on stock UCA's. However if you plan to off road it may pay to upgrade them anyway. For street use the stock ones are fine at that height

I plan on installing the 5100 s Bilsteins on my 2021 Ram 1500 big horn . No off roading , just want it leveled. Do I have to do anything to the rear end.

OP
OP
G

Gafas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I do a lot of corrugated roads here in Angola - Africa. Ok, I will consider changing them.
Thanks

dc435911

Reaction score
I do a lot of corrugated roads here in Angola - Africa. Ok, I will consider changing them.
Thanks
How high would you like to go on the Bilsteins? If max, 2.8", look at Rough Country Upper Country control arms for 3" lift. They work great and aligning is much more simple.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I plan on installing the 5100 s Bilsteins on my 2021 Ram 1500 big horn . No off roading , just want it leveled. Do I have to do anything to the rear end.

You can leave the rear stock. Some like to do 5100's for the rear shocks along with the 5100's up front but you do not have to do that.

Last edited:

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

How much tire clearance do you lose from the stock control arms to the zone control arms?

dieseldave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
NICK, Is April 4th still the E.T.A. for the shipment of the December order of Bilsteins 5100s

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you set your Bilsteins at 2.1 and then use a 1.5” spacer in the back you are going to createh quite a bit of rake if that is what you are trying to do.

I’m going to be setting my 5100’s at 2.8”, with new UCA’s, and installing a 1” Daystar spacer in the rear and hoping to be pretty close to level.

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And my prior truck had Bilsteins set at 2.1 for years on stock UCA’s and never had an issue. And that truck had only a slight rake. But that was with no rear spacer. That’s why I’m mentioning with a 1.5” rear spacer your probably going to have at least 1.5” of rake.

Jasfish18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did eibach springs and on the lowest setting I got about 2in. After about a thousand miles the ball joint was starting to separate, very little but was there was a slight gap. I ordered zone uca but they took forever and due to a time crunch put on the mevotech. It's been about 15000 miles now and they are fine. Still have the zone, but haven't seen the need.

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
This is really starting to suck
Nothing against others but you could have ordered them anytime from amazon without the wait time... These are the ones I bought and used on my 2015... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LRJ855E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 bilstien changed the packaging so they are clearencing the shocks still in the old packaging but they are the same. I'm using stock control arms with mine and 2" superlift springs in the rear with the 5100s there as well.