Maximum towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So, here is an interesting tidbit and I didn't find a comparable thread on this already. My maximum trailer weight has decreased by about 300 pounds according to the VIN search tool between about October last year when I verified numbers and just now. My maximum payload is unchanged. I have found a video on this and watching it now to see if there is a reason for this. Anyone else notice this?

OP
OP
tron67j

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I put information in with both upper and lower case letters and it comes up with that reduction. And the chart, which is only a general idea tool at best, has a third number.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's interesting. BUT did you see this at the bottom of the page?

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Strikes me as a bit of click-bait. 2500 trucks pulling more than 20,000 pounds? Probably a VERY small population in the first place. OP, are you really concerned about a 300# towing/pulling reduction? Keep in mind this is NOT payload. The article's claim of a "serious safety issue"?? - again, clickbait! Like all these "what-ifs" with payload and towing ratings. Read the sticker on YOUR truck.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
That's interesting. BUT did you see this at the bottom of the page?

I like the prospects of the Cummins B6.7 that runs on hydrogen also. They have the power levels about the same as the SO engine now. The advantage of a fuel cell truck is the electric motor propulsion which gives full torque from 0 rpms up

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
So, here is an interesting tidbit and I didn't find a comparable thread on this already. My maximum trailer weight has decreased by about 300 pounds according to the VIN search tool between about October last year when I verified numbers and just now. My maximum payload is unchanged. I have found a video on this and watching it now to see if there is a reason for this. Anyone else notice this?
What counts is what is listed on the sticker on the door jamb not what some web site thinks or claims...

OP
OP
tron67j

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Strikes me as a bit of click-bait. 2500 trucks pulling more than 20,000 pounds? Probably a VERY small population in the first place. OP, are you really concerned about a 300# towing/pulling reduction? Keep in mind this is NOT payload. The article's claim of a "serious safety issue"?? - again, clickbait! Like all these "what-ifs" with payload and towing ratings. Read the sticker on YOUR truck.
I am not concerned with the value, just want to know why the change. I think it is a glitch in their system, but again is it.