Maybe time to sell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick Gabler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V-6
I understand what your going through. I had a massive Hemorrhagic Stroke in Dec 2017. I was only 53. Wife and friends were told to start making funeral plans, that I had no chance of making it. Fen 2018 I walked out of the hospital! You got this! The body & mind are amazing what they can deal with. Besides Vertigo and some nerve damage on my right side, I’m good to go. With that said, I went out and bought a brand new Ram 1500 Classic. My first truck! Always sports cars and SUVs, but never a truck!!! I love it and am enjoying all the little things in life since because of other factors my future is in question as well. You will be ok. It gets better and I’m having a blast at 56 years old now. Good luck to you!

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Take care , and enjoy the good things in life.
Hug the Kid and grandkids, and Great grandkids.
Trucks are one, But than I still need mine at 78.
The heart did a rebot last Oct on me. Going to really cut out some of the heavy lifting.
Wife is on me about selling a lot of my tools and such, We shall see.
Prays are with you, Sir.

Bowzer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Sold off the '18...maybe another soon.
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Although already repeating sentiments of many: Wind at your back Ed F on this path. That applies to the other folks responding with similar walks, too.

I've been getting a hard pull to sell my much loved 2018 the last couple of months. Just started a new job and wouldn't you know it, I got a company car in the driveway now to push me even harder.

Checked Carvana and the payoff is about dead even on what is owed. May be tossing the keys here soon. Life is too short with other priorities (the people) to be tied to the stuff!

EDIT: Just ran detail thru Vroom and got an offer some 15% higher. Anyone else getting same kind of difference on Vroom vs Carvana? Any others with experience selling to Vroom?
For Reference: 2018 4x4 4 Dr 5'7" Bed with Hemi w/ 59,075 miles; $24,798 from Carvana and $28,938 from Vroom near Houston.

Last edited:

farout75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L
OK , Guys. Just got back from the hospital and my confirmation visit with my oncologist. Turns out I have what’s called a multiple myeloma which means I have a disease in my white blood cells. On paper it’s not as solid a diagnosis as ‘conventional’ cancers but the fact that it’s in the blood means it travels easy through the body. I’m starting a drug/injection therapy in a week that he says is quite successful at controlling this but there is no cure. I’m quite at peace with the news and am going to live the hell out of every day.
On the truck front I picked my rig up at a local dealer (not Ram) for an inspection only and as expected a salesman jumped me as soon as I got out of my wife’s car. When I pointed out my truck and said I needed no help he asked me if I wanted to trade or sell. Long story short, he said to come back Monday and talk to the owner about purchasing it. I’ll give it a shot because my truck has a Diamondback cover on it ($2300) and if I can make it simple, I will. I don’t think any of the online buyers would give me squat for the cover. We’ll see.
My most important message, however, is the thoughts and prayers from you guys to someone you never met.

Ed, I just did just pray for you. Indeed you have a very serious situation going on. Ask your oncologist to be blunt and up front with you about everything! I myself have had cancer twice and know it's difficult to hear the word cancer. Nearly 45 years ago my mother-in-law passed on with what you have. However there has been great progress in treating it. I hope you have found Jesus Christ as your Lord. My prayers are with you. God bless you Ed.

christoff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May God bless you and keep you strong for your fight ahead. With all the amazing responses you have received so far, I wish you a speedy recovery and will pray for you also. Our Lord Jesus Christ will help you.

Dale Ward

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I also have MM. Have had bone marrow transplant. Was diagnosed in july 2017, had transplant in Feb 2018. Prayers to you, this is a long and tiring cancer, nowdays most doctors prescribe chemo for life, and 20 years survival is get common.

BakedRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sounds like a pretty dern good offer to me. If you don't need the truck right now, go for it and stash the money away. Wait for some good deal to come your way and upgrade.
I agree. When this chip shortage goes away they will be left with a ton of stock due to 2022's coming out....

LowboyKW

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT Quad Cab
Engine
3.6 24VVT
Wish you the best, not unusual for me to pray for people I've never met. And I'll pray for everyone on this forum, especially the "oil thread" guys, live it up my friend..

Dennie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
...sorry to hear about your diagnosis and let us know how therapy proceeds...best of hope luck faith recovery...

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although already repeating sentiments of many: Wind at your back Ed F on this path. That applies to the other folks responding with similar walks, too.

I've been getting a hard pull to sell my much loved 2018 the last couple of months. Just started a new job and wouldn't you know it, I got a company car in the driveway now to push me even harder.

Checked Carvana and the payoff is about dead even on what is owed. May be tossing the keys here soon. Life is too short with other priorities (the people) to be tied to the stuff!

EDIT: Just ran detail thru Vroom and got an offer some 15% higher. Anyone else getting same kind of difference on Vroom vs Carvana? Any others with experience selling to Vroom?
For Reference: 2018 4x4 4 Dr 5'7" Bed with Hemi w/ 59,075 miles; $24,798 from Carvana and $28,938 from Vroom near Houston.
I checked Carvana and Vroom myself day before yesterday. Carvana offered $9200 more than payoff, Vroom offered like $7500. Of course I would need another truck so that extra money would have to be rolled right back into the next purchase. Not worth the effort since I only have 39K on my truck.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been considering doing the same and I get an affiliate rewards discount thru my company which prices new vehicles at 1% below dealer invoice. The catch is, the website that you have to use to get your specific “control number” from FCA is down! FCA claims that they upgraded the site a few weeks ago and have been working on the issue ever since…. Coincidence? I doubt it!
Try it again. I just went on there and set up an account and printed out all the paperwork without issue. I saved $1400 last year on my wife's JGC with this program. I fully expected the dealer to give me a little grief over it but was pleasantly surprised!

DJ Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try it again. I just went on there and set up an account and printed out all the paperwork without issue. I saved $1400 last year on my wife's JGC with this program. I fully expected the dealer to give me a little grief over it but was pleasantly surprised!

Still not working for me:

fa108aa05e63c8b15659604788b162f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I tried logging in using my previously acquired username/password but that didn't work for me either so I made up a new account and it worked fine.

My problem is that I can’t remember what my company code is and the place we had it documented is gone.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My problem is that I can’t remember what my company code is and the place we had it documented is gone.

Here's the list. https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/content/dam/affiliate-rewards/docs/companylocator.pdf
Find your company on it and the code is on the left side of the company's name. Here's an example of my company on that list so the company code is F06862. Which is what I entered when I signed up for it yesterday.

F06862 Dominion Energy Richmond,VA Fleet Employees Only

DJ Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You rock man! Greatly appreciate ya!

Unfortunately I found out yesterday that not all dealers will honor it. I tried to make a deal with my original dealer and they said no. I called my local Rick Hendricks dealer where I bought my wife’s Jeep from and they said absolutely they would honor it so I guess I’ll be going by there tomorrow. Good luck and let us know what happens.