McGaughy’s 2/4 deluxe drop kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isaacapo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the McGaughy’s deluxe 2/4 lowering kit on my 13” sport.. the ride is real rough I got bell tech Street performance shocks on the rear along with it and the front just the drop spindles that came with the McGaughy’s kit, any suggestions on what I need to get for a smoother ride.. also the spindles in the front really pushed out my tire a lot so it’s now sticking outside my fender about a inch.. I want it to be flush but don’t know much about fitment. what should I do?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I got the McGaughy’s deluxe 2/4 lowering kit on my 13” sport.. the ride is real rough I got bell tech Street performance shocks on the rear along with it and the front just the drop spindles that came with the McGaughy’s kit, any suggestions on what I need to get for a smoother ride.. also the spindles in the front really pushed out my tire a lot so it’s now sticking outside my fender about a inch.. I want it to be flush but don’t know much about fitment. what should I do?

The spindles only move the tires out 3/8" ,and have absolutely no effect on the fronts ride quality,if it seems to ride rough in the front in comparision it's all in your mind,as it still uses stock shocks and springs on the front.The rear might ride a bit rougher,but not the front.You can have your spindles narrowed,any decent machine shop can narrow them and the caliper bracket,mine have been narrowed 5/8" and actually have moved the tires in approximately a 1/4" from where they sat at stock track width.

CoreySinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
Make sure your not hitting the rear bumpstops.

Mine are at least 3 inches shorter than stock bumps.

xtremeroller

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 & 2008
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The spindles only move the tires out 3/8" ,and have absolutely no effect on the fronts ride quality,if it seems to ride rough in the front in comparision it's all in your mind,as it still uses stock shocks and springs on the front.The rear might ride a bit rougher,but not the front.You can have your spindles narrowed,any decent machine shop can narrow them and the caliper bracket,mine have been narrowed 5/8" and actually have moved the tires in approximately a 1/4" from where they sat at stock track width.

Do the caliper brackets have to be machined along with the hub mounting surface? Seems to me the mounting area for the brake calipers wouldn't change. Am I thinking wrong on this one?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Do the caliper brackets have to be machined along with the hub mounting surface? Seems to me the mounting area for the brake calipers wouldn't change. Am I thinking wrong on this one?

The caliper brackets will need work to,to bring the caliper back into spec/center over the rotor

xtremeroller

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 & 2008
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The caliper brackets will need work to,to bring the caliper back into spec/center over the rotor
I gotcha. So they need to be machined the same amount.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk