MDS WAY MORE ACTIVE AFTER REDLINE 5w30 oil !!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sash

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ram1500
I change my oil to redline 5w30 about 3 weeks a go or so, and now my MDS is active way more than before when I was using PUP , you all think this is because ticker w30 oil or the ester base oil in the redline, kind of drive me crazy, im about to dump the oil because of that .. anyone experiencing the same ?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I noticed 0 difference on my truck but I was already leveled and on heavier tires so my mds barely turned on anyways. I wouldn’t dump it. That redline 5w30 is like liquid gold and these Hemi engines love it. I switch between pup and redline periodically. Lately I only drive my truck 3-4,000 miles a year now so just use PUP and an RP filter and change once a year for peace of mind. I love having a work vehicle instead of driving my personal. 2017 with only 38,000 miles on it.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Why does that freak you out? MDS saves you fuel. Seeing it active more often would tell me you're saving fuel (money). If you don't want it coming on you can turn it off with the shift limit buttons.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Drive in tow haul if you don't like mds, or put gear box into manual condition by putting it in 7th gear, either way mds should be off. Redline 5w30 will add 2 psi to your oil system, I kind of doubt that is the reason for what you are feeling, but if you want to go thinner it's your truck.