Mega Cab owners who would like a long box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are there any Mega cab or regular 2500/ 3500 owners wanting the longer box for hauling or fifth wheel use. Just a better ride and easy entry exit into the trucks would like a lift but have a person in family has already has a hard time with truck height wants to have the ride closer to the new air ride dodge 1/2ton but like the look and fact that the mega they have is paid for and don't want to buy another truck too loose 500 a month for 6 years to depreciation.

The reasoning behind my insanity.

I have my 06 Mega Cab and would love it to be long box looking around now. I see used boxes in good shape from 800 and up so I think the time has come to look and see how and if there are others. I also want to improve the ride comfort and load carrying capabilities of this beautiful cowboy limo. My thought are to do a air ride conversion with on board air. I also am mobility limited and would like to have some more clearance for getting into some fishing sites and camping sites but have a hard time getting in at factory ride height let alone a 4-5 inch lift. So here is my idea Air Bag it/ Kelderman make a air ride conversion system for the front and rear adding longer bag mounts and drop arm brackets, HD track bar for lift would get the front up. The towing 4 link air ride kits look heavy duty and with longer travel bags or extended bag mounts should match the front lift.

The popularity of long arm kits and the improvement to ride and handling has me thinking and that gets expensive.

The front is simple to do with or without the long arms and conversion to air ride has been done with Kelderman (expensive) airbag it reasonable since I dont beat my truck and don't want 12" of lift drive train mods get to crazy over 4-5". So ordering drop brackets, poly control arm bushings, pitman arm, and Track bar along with airbagit towing air ride kit. This gets the basic air suspension and parts to lift for me or air ride adjustability if you don't want a lift.

Running larger air lines and fast dump valves to all 4 air bags will mean that when you want to get in and out when parked your truck will drop down about 6+ inches depending on bag ride height. Making entry and exit from truck much better hooking up a fifth wheel or any trailer you can make your truck kneel under no more jacking up trailer to hook up just drop under pin up then pressurize air bags up take load off landing feet you're ready to go.

Now for the bed conversion and why I am here if there was a few of us ordering the rear kit and make it long arm by extending 4 link set up 20" we can get the rear axle back without cutting the frame of our trucks keeping the structural integrity. I have contacted them and they have no interest in doing a one off. Then all that is needed it to extend the rear frame rails 20" with tubing inserted into the frame ends and duplicate bumper mount holes and move the spare tire hanger back 20" bolt on the 8' box regular or dually.

anyone interested in doing this to thier trucks?