Member Input: New Forum Sections for Programming & Electronics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Requests have been made to add new forum sections dedicated to programming and electronic upgrades for our Ram trucks.

We are soliciting your input on what sorts of programming and electronic modifications owners are making to their trucks.

Basically, we anticipate that a section would be added to the 3RD, 4TH & 5TH generation sections titled "Programming & Electronics"

Each of those sections would include sub-sections to identify specific categories such as:

1. AlfaOBD & Module programming - The huge AlfaOBD thread may be archived as a sticky. On page 1 of that thread are some links to content within the thread but we assume more topics have been added that don't have links. While it would be nice to break it down into specific categories that is a LOT of work. However, we are open to suggestions on how to manage that large thread and specific categories we can add and link to.

2. Programming for Performance - This section would DiabloSport, Hypertech, Diesel Programming, Custom Tunes, etc... What other categories would you like to see included?

3. Another section?

4. And yet another section?

So your input is being requested and here's where we need some help:

1. What other sections would you like to see here?
2. Do each of those sections need to be broken down into specific categories?
3. If so, what are those categories?

This thread will remain open for at least 2 weeks to gather your comments. Please keep those comments to constructive suggestions on content you would like to see included.

TIA. Your input will be appreciated.

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
We decided to post up a thread here as well on the subject.

I would love to hear from you on what you'd like to see in a new section on RamForum for programming our vehicles.

Flip-er

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think anything would be great.
The more the better.
It is always AWESOME to learn new stuff.
GOD knows I have learned from you all here.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would separate the “programming for performance” into gas / diesel. Not much in common there, and plenty of confusion when one group starts commenting on the other.

That's a great idea

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A separate section would be nice. It would allow more separation of topics instead of having a single massive thread like we have going for AlfaOBD.

CoZo6

2021 Longhorn Limited 1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
We decided to post up a thread here as well on the subject.

I would love to hear from you on what you'd like to see in a new section on RamForum for programming our vehicles.
Might consider firmware updates in this programming area. Maybe broken down to the 8.4s and 12s. Map upgrades and procedures to install?

OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Might consider firmware updates in this programming area. Maybe broken down to the 8.4s and 12s. Map upgrades and procedures to install?

Good idea. we have an extensive thread we can move to a new section.

I'm pretty sure I won't be breaking that thread down into sections for each type unit. However, we can have two sections and build them as new info, How To's and misc. info becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.