Mestro device for 2007 2500 w/ 5.9 cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Herde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9 L6
Hi folks..
I am looking to replace the radio of my 2007 2500 with a new radio/streaming (no siruis required)/ maestro type device that will not only do the radio/phone/USB music/bluetooth stuff, but also display the needed gauges (tranny temp, ext temp. boost) that are missing from the instrument cluster. Navigation with a Garmin based system would be nice, but I think I want that on the dash as opposed to in the dash, so not necessary. A camera feed or two would be nice as well (backup and bluetooth).

Does anybody have any wisdom or recommendations?
Thanks.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was gonna offer to sell you a MyGig with adapter harness I have, but you want gauges so you need an Android unit.Nothing will fit your opening exactly, so you're gonna have some kind of filler piece, but for my 2003 I went with these guys because it was everything you listed in a package that fit my stock bezel; pricey, but their customer service is outstanding. This particular one has the same footprint as a 2008+ MyGig head unit: https://insaneaudio.com/products/jk2001/

OP
OP
D

David Herde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9 L6
Thanks for that link..
(You are right.. Pretty pricey, but it is a start.)

If there are any additional ideas, let me know.
Best...

OP
OP
D

David Herde

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9 L6
Just a note.
Ended up buying a Kenwood DMX9707S head with a Idatalink Maestro Rr. (Needed the HRN-RR-CH2 interface harness.)

I was hoping to get EGT, Boost and Tranny temperature on the guages.
I only got Boost. Evidently the other two PIDs are not in the 2007 5.9 ECM. (If anyone knows differently and how to get at them, I would be much obliged to learn about it.) Got a lot of other inconsequential guages, but only one of the three I needed (the least important). I will post the guages that were available later when I get home.

All in all, a little disappointed. Not impressed with the Android audio, but it may be early to judge that. As soon as the weather gets a little warmer, I will spend some more time playing with it.

FYI.
Best..