**** injection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max1329

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Magnum hemi
Has anyone seen/done a **** install on a 5.7 hemi? I've seen it on a few other hemis but never on one of our trucks anyone have any opinions on it or a link to a good kit?

Jason G Slabaugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
Itd be better for Turbo or supercharged applications where high inlet temps are involved, not sure if Methanol would be beneficial on an N/A engine, but i could be wrong

OP
OP
Max1329

Max1329

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Magnum hemi
I've seen a few na cars with **** not quite sure how much affect it had though

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
I experimented with running w/m na years ago. The problem with na setup is how to trigger it. You have to use a vaccum switch and a rpm window switch otherwise it will activate when the ignition is turned on and the engine isn't running. Set the window switch to arm the system say 2000 rpm and then the vaccum switch to trigger the pump @ say 0 vaccum. (Wot)

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Itd be better for Turbo or supercharged applications where high inlet temps are involved, not sure if Methanol would be beneficial on an N/A engine, but i could be wrong

Some boosted folks use w/m instead of a intercooler and then there's some that use it in conjunction with a cooler. With it being inexpensive, stable and easy to setup I've found no reason not to use it. Mine starts @ 3psi boost and is full on @ 10psi. If you spray too much it'll only quench the combustion and the rpm flattens out. Back off the spray a little until you are making full pulls again and it's good.20160307_144510.jpg

OP
OP
Max1329

Max1329

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Magnum hemi
Some boosted folks use w/m instead of a intercooler and then there's some that use it in conjunction with a cooler. With it being inexpensive, stable and easy to setup I've found no reason not to use it. Mine starts @ 3psi boost and is full on @ 10psi. If you spray too much it'll only quench the combustion and the rpm flattens out. Back off the spray a little until you are making full pulls again and it's good.View attachment 149365
That set up looks awesome thanks so much I do plan on boosting soon so I'll just wait til then

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Save your money when it comes to a FailSafe system. It didn't work for me and became the problem itself. I installed it twice using new/replacement parts and it would appear to be working then fail. The new nozzles have built in check valves eliminating the need for solenoid valves. I have my windshield washer bottle "low fluid" switch installed to give a indication when low. But with the frequency the hood is up and being mounted in front there is little chance it running out. Keep it simple...

OP
OP
Max1329

Max1329

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Magnum hemi
Save your money when it comes to a FailSafe system. It didn't work for me and became the problem itself. I installed it twice using new/replacement parts and it would appear to be working then fail. The new nozzles have built in check valves eliminating the need for solenoid valves. I have my windshield washer bottle "low fluid" switch installed to give a indication when low. But with the frequency the hood is up and being mounted in front there is little chance it running out. Keep it simple...
Awesome thanks so much for the advice