MGP red 'Mopar' caliper covers (Installed)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How much for the Dorman covers? Just wondering.

T.

Mugster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a set of MGP "HEMI" caliper covers on Amazon last year for $145 CAD. I just checked and they're now selling for $238 CAD.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rough Country makes red covers for $150

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SteveS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got these babies installed. WAY over priced for what they actually do, but damn they look good!

7Aea9Hk.jpg

pPh4kiJ.jpg

hkbyJlN.jpg

7oJR3rm.jpg

olwjdKW.jpg

Definitely a cool look! Any cons to these like heat problems or clearance issues with most wheels?

OP
OP
heefageLA

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Definitely a cool look! Any cons to these like heat problems or clearance issues with most wheels?

Ive been checking the covers for heat and dust build up and havent had any problems yet. In fact, even under hard braking the covers dont get hot.
It says when ordering that you must have at least a 17'' wheel for clearance.

JimmieRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A66D819B-FB59-424C-A3CC-BEC7F9E467F9.jpeg
I've been considering painting mine to save money. I've done it before.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
I have mine painted to but definitely like the look of the covers a lot better

Patrick Vaughan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport Crew Cab 4x4 Blacked Out
Engine
HEMI 5.7L Sport
I bought a pair but only from Rough Country-look identical except has RC instead of Ram or Mopar-I asked the guy who did the lift to put them on but he said it was catching and making a noise when braking so he took them off-he may have very well been lying and really didn't even attempt to put them on-Has anyone had issues with there covers causing a noise when braking? As it warms up, I will try to install myself and see.
Thanks,

Patrick Vaughan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport Crew Cab 4x4 Blacked Out
Engine
HEMI 5.7L Sport
I don't think they are that bad to install, I just figured while the wheels were off, it would be easy to do.

OP
OP
heefageLA

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
How bad are they to install??

Install was very simple. Its only two shims per wheel that fit over the top of your caliper, then when you tighten them down it squeezes the face side against your caliper's face. When looking at them closely they are actually at an 80* degree angle, not a true 90* degrees.

I havent noticed any issues with mine.

The video below is on new body Ram... Thats me in the comments asking why the hell they are so expensive. :D

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Easy to install, only thing they wont fit is 17" and smaller wheels

Big Bad Chad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ditto the MGP "Mopar" cover install. I get lots of comments about them. They really work well against my Hydro Blue body work and PVD Black Chrome OE Hellcat replica wheels, at least I think so. I've run them for about 2 winters now and they still look great. Here's a link to some "install" pictures I shot. Very simple to look at them, but they do set the wheels off and fill the void. Yeah, cost of entry is rather steap, but they hold up (so far) and look great IMHO.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/ready-for-22s-wheels-are-mounted.134547/page-4#post-1949519

T.
I have the Hydro Blue body as well can you please post picks of the whole truck with these caliper plates installed im trying to figure out what color looks best with the hydro blue