Might be saying goodbye to the Power Wagon.........for a Ford Tremor F350. Maybe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Nothing wrong the durango, toyota dealers have garages too and they're not just doing brake jobs and oil changes.
Amen to that brother! My wife has a '14, bought it in '15. Hasn't had anything but servicing, tires and a brake job since, all by me. Other brands I guess you just have to put gas in them once a year! Lol

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
well the durango r/ts had transmission shifting issues. ours did too. ended up being some programming that we got ironed out. I"m hoping the new ones won't have that.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well the deposit is in and the orders are getting placed. I really hope the level three comes with the normal graphics but from everything else I've seen they will. This truck is going to get used. No more black to worry about scratching. Wife is happy with the Durango R/T in F8 green. Hopefully she likes it! She's been ******** about the 4Runner ever since she got it.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Funny I just saw that. Doing the same **** they did to the sport with the express. Let’s make a cheap power wagon. Give them the look without the function. There’s rumors of a hood change though which might intrigue me.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I made the mistake of being hopeful.

When the 5th Gen debuted there was supposed to be a Rebel Subbrand. It was to include the PowerWagon TRX and 1500 Rebel.

There was to also be a street version of the TRX and more done with the 1500 Rebel for a PowerWagon ish 1500.

If you remember the Adult Toys By Dodge...along this line...but with capabilities to match.

But...after talking with some if you know you know types...all the disruption in the world has shelved the meat again.

So. I guess the express assumption is more likely

Dammit. I am still hopeful for the last hoorah that Mopar always gives their vehicles.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah I may have been on board with a capable 1500. Maybe. I do occasionally need an hd truck. I have a powerwagon because I wanted a power wagon. Not because I need it. I mean let's be honest. The Power wagon is a heavy half anyways.. It's kind of stupid in a way. Low payload and towing because of the suspension. I love it though. It's basically exactly what I need. I wanted a truck with big brakes big axles solid front axle and a good ride. That's a power wagon. People didn't believe me when I traded my 2016 silverado and said my power wagon rode better. Now I had load e tires on the silverado and 20's. sure that didn't help.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I mean let's be honest. The Power wagon is a heavy half anyways.. It's kind of stupid in a way. Low payload and towing because of the suspension.
I look at it more like a half ton truck with 1 ton running gear/frame. Which is exactly what i wanted. Might not need it, but thats what i wanted haaaaaa.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
couldn't have said it better myself. And if you really need to haul something heavy for a short distance toss some bags in it like I did.