Might be saying goodbye to the Power Wagon.........for a Ford Tremor F350. Maybe.

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I as well am interested in the Tremor. I've always been a "ford" man but got my RAM because I just couldn't find a ford. When I bought my RAM, I swore it was only temporary. I'm actually really liking it. But the kid in me can't help but get excited for my next truck and it's 100% not going to be a RAM.

Also just want to throw this out there... American. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Tesla... They all have their pros and cons. But they're all American. Say you work for an American airline company and your neighbor works for an American automotive manufacturer. If you want your neighbor to be able to afford to fly on your airline, then it would be wise of you to buy from his American automotive manufacturer. Otherwise, his job may not be there much longer. And without a job, you can be darn sure he isn't going to be taking a vacation on your airline, thus putting you at risk of loosing your job. My point is, buy American. Your job, in one way or another, may depend on it.

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been driving 350 miles between Laramie, Wyoming (through Rawlins) and Northwestern Colorado quite a bit lately for family. Both towns are at around 7,000 feet elevation which cuts gas powered horsepower 20% right off. Last week at 11 degrees Fahrenheit we filled up and left Laramie at 7 AM. The high winds warnings were posted on I-80 at 60 MPH plus. My Power Wagon averaged 9.9 MPG driving up to the 80 MPH posted speed limits without towing. It shifted down and stayed for long stretches in both 4th and 5th gear on the I-80 due to the hills and headwinds.

Coming over the entirely flat Continental Divide at 7,004 feet elevation north of Baggs, Wyoming which is 1,394 feet higher than Rodgers Pass, Montana my Power Wagon's 6 speed also did not shift. Quickly filled up again in Craig, CO and drove home. I'm happy with this truck out here.

My concern is that Ram will be fined for not focusing more on EV trucks. Less than 100 new EV's are sold annually in Wyoming. Maybe the Wyomites whom don't reside within Jackson or Cheyenne have their reasons. Earlier I had watched a 2019 TFL video of failing to tow across this remote stretch of the country. They couldn't make it between Laramie and Rawlins without a much longer 100% recharge.

North of Baggs...

You must be registered for see images attach

totally 100% true. I kid you not driving between Missoula and Great Falls I told my buddy I bet nobody here owns an EV lol. I wonder how fast the heater and defroster not to mention just the cold weather drains the EV juice and then in the summer time at 100F + how fast?

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 PW
Engine
6.4L
totally 100% true. I kid you not driving between Missoula and Great Falls I told my buddy I bet nobody here owns an EV lol. I wonder how fast the heater and defroster not to mention just the cold weather drains the EV juice and then in the summer time at 100F + how fast?
Yes, one can wonder about some bodies driving an EV in Montana. Even in ideal conditions the road miles per EV charger in 2019 was 359 miles versus 2 miles in Washington DC. The F-150 Lightning Extended Range is 300 miles so bring along a long extension cord.

Don't have to worry as much about the road miles per gas station in Montana since you can carry extra fuel.

Last edited:

Polock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
An On-board gas generator would be the ticket for these EV vehicles...it could run continuously to charge the battery while driving.
Stop at gas station to fill up generator, and brag about how climate friendly you are.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 PW
Engine
6.4L
An On-board gas generator would be the ticket for these EV vehicles...it could run continuously to charge the battery while driving.
Stop at gas station to fill up generator, and brag about how climate friendly you are.
Can also brag at our local bar about having the big bucks to fill up a gas generator.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Can also brag at our local bar about having the big bucks to fill up a gas generator.
Wow. Now I am even more excited about E15/88 octane dropping to 2.99 here.

Ruttets and Sheetz are having gas wars with the 88 and I am reaping the benefits.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
gas it nuts there. Yeah it was a hard decision. Honestly the ****** ass customer service on the ford end was one of the deciding factors. I wrote all things down when I was deciding and the ford was best on paper. Especially with the aluminum body. Salt land here. There were a lot of other things that drug me back to RAM. All my Thuren stuff transfers. They are way better looking. Interior is a pile better. Better ride on a power wagon. My buddy has an 8 speed ram and he says it's way better than my six speed. Unless you literally don't give a shit about what your truck looks like then I get it. Ford is probably the better choice work wise. Also I'm ordering method race wheels. 18 offset. I don't care for spacers either. I'll keep the OEM setup for backups.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Order gets placed tomorrow. Level three white pw. Also ordering a Durango r/t for the wife. F8 green. She hates the 4Runner we got and misses her Durango. Wish the Durango was as reliable but hey if I get 100k from the Durango I’ll be happy.