Might be saying goodbye to the Power Wagon.........for a Ford Tremor F350. Maybe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so I spent about 400 miles in my buddy's F250. we drove from Missoula to Great falls and back to pick up a topper. he averaged 14.6 mpg hand figured which was exactly what his truck's computer said. My PW is a bit smoother riding which is expected but man that 7.3 and 10 speed is so much nicer. He has 4.30 gears and 75mph is just under 2000rpms and it just feels and sounds right. going up the pass it did not shift and just felt powerful..Ram needs to up their game in the gasser department.

Mallcrwlr3000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe do a 1/4 inch spacer just to push them out a bit more. I'll transfer over my Thuren goodies which will be nice.

To each their own brother, but it's my personal opinion that the offset belongs in the rim if you want the tires out rather than a band aid solution.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
so I spent about 400 miles in my buddy's F250. we drove from Missoula to Great falls and back to pick up a topper. he averaged 14.6 mpg hand figured which was exactly what his truck's computer said. My PW is a bit smoother riding which is expected but man that 7.3 and 10 speed is so much nicer. He has 4.30 gears and 75mph is just under 2000rpms and it just feels and sounds right. going up the pass it did not shift and just felt powerful..Ram needs to up their game in the gasser department.
I realize it's none of my business but in this market of being able to sell your truck and in some cases get more for it than you pay, why don't you sell it and buy your ford? I could never buy or keep any vehicle that makes me that unhappy. That way you could be happy. Just a question.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I realize it's none of my business but in this market of being able to sell your truck and in some cases get more for it than you pay, why don't you sell it and buy your ford? I could never buy or keep any vehicle that makes me that unhappy. That way you could be happy. Just a question.

I'm eyeing a tremor myself (diesel though) and yes you can get more for your current truck but you are also going to pay a Lot more for the new one. If you don't "need" a vehicle right now it really is a bad financial decision. If things settle down in a year or so I'll probably make the jump. I'm not unhappy with my Ram, but I also have no brand loyalty and will go with whoever has the best over all package to offer at the time.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I'm eyeing a tremor myself (diesel though) and yes you can get more for your current truck but you are also going to pay a Lot more for the new one. If you don't "need" a vehicle right now it really is a bad financial decision. If things settle down in a year or so I'll probably make the jump. I'm not unhappy with my Ram, but I also have no brand loyalty and will go with whoever has the best over all package to offer at the time.

I'll take a loss before I settle for something that makes me miserable. Just my opinion.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'll take a loss before I settle for something that makes me miserable. Just my opinion.

You keep saying miserable, unhappy, I don't think anyone is saying that (but you). I'm just saying there may be a better choice if you are looking right now.

I love my Ram 2500 cummins but if I was shopping for a new one "right now" it would probably be the Ford. That could all change in a year or two depending on what Ram offers up.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
You keep saying miserable, unhappy, I don't think anyone is saying that (but you). I'm just saying there may be a better choice if you are looking right now.

I love my Ram 2500 cummins but if I was shopping for a new one "right now" it would probably be the Ford. That could all change in a year or two depending on what Ram offers up.

That's ok with me. You're either happy or unhappy. No biggie.

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
wheels are turning on that front no doubt..altho tho I am not unhappy per se with my ram. I buy and sell often and it is rare I have a vehicle for longer than 2 years so unlikely I will have this one much longer. But that is not because I don't like it, I just like new vehicles. I have been buying new vehicles since 1977 and the longest vehicle I have ever owned is my current 2016 CRV which is 5 years old this month. It is a sickness no doubt.

67 StingrayJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I as well am interested in the Tremor. I've always been a "ford" man but got my RAM because I just couldn't find a ford. When I bought my RAM, I swore it was only temporary. I'm actually really liking it. But the kid in me can't help but get excited for my next truck and it's 100% not going to be a RAM.

Also just want to throw this out there... American. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Tesla... They all have their pros and cons. But they're all American. Say you work for an American airline company and your neighbor works for an American automotive manufacturer. If you want your neighbor to be able to afford to fly on your airline, then it would be wise of you to buy from his American automotive manufacturer. Otherwise, his job may not be there much longer. And without a job, you can be darn sure he isn't going to be taking a vacation on your airline, thus putting you at risk of loosing your job. My point is, buy American. Your job, in one way or another, may depend on it.

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been driving 350 miles between Laramie, Wyoming (through Rawlins) and Northwestern Colorado quite a bit lately for family. Both towns are at around 7,000 feet elevation which cuts gas powered horsepower 20% right off. Last week at 11 degrees Fahrenheit we filled up and left Laramie at 7 AM. The high winds warnings were posted on I-80 at 60 MPH plus. My Power Wagon averaged 9.9 MPG driving up to the 80 MPH posted speed limits without towing. It shifted down and stayed for long stretches in both 4th and 5th gear on the I-80 due to the hills and headwinds.

Coming over the entirely flat Continental Divide at 7,004 feet elevation north of Baggs, Wyoming which is 1,394 feet higher than Rodgers Pass, Montana my Power Wagon's 6 speed also did not shift. Quickly filled up again in Craig, CO and drove home. I'm happy with this truck out here.

My concern is that Ram will be fined for not focusing more on EV trucks. Less than 100 new EV's are sold annually in Wyoming. Maybe the Wyomites whom don't reside within Jackson or Cheyenne have their reasons. Earlier I had watched a 2019 TFL video of failing to tow across this remote stretch of the country. They couldn't make it between Laramie and Rawlins without a much longer 100% recharge.

North of Baggs...

View attachment 478130

totally 100% true. I kid you not driving between Missoula and Great Falls I told my buddy I bet nobody here owns an EV lol. I wonder how fast the heater and defroster not to mention just the cold weather drains the EV juice and then in the summer time at 100F + how fast?

Polock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
An On-board gas generator would be the ticket for these EV vehicles...it could run continuously to charge the battery while driving.
Stop at gas station to fill up generator, and brag about how climate friendly you are.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
gas it nuts there. Yeah it was a hard decision. Honestly the ****** ass customer service on the ford end was one of the deciding factors. I wrote all things down when I was deciding and the ford was best on paper. Especially with the aluminum body. Salt land here. There were a lot of other things that drug me back to RAM. All my Thuren stuff transfers. They are way better looking. Interior is a pile better. Better ride on a power wagon. My buddy has an 8 speed ram and he says it's way better than my six speed. Unless you literally don't give a **** about what your truck looks like then I get it. Ford is probably the better choice work wise. Also I'm ordering method race wheels. 18 offset. I don't care for spacers either. I'll keep the OEM setup for backups.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Order gets placed tomorrow. Level three white pw. Also ordering a Durango r/t for the wife. F8 green. She hates the 4Runner we got and misses her Durango. Wish the Durango was as reliable but hey if I get 100k from the Durango I’ll be happy.