Mild Lift Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

labeef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hello everyone. I'm a new member to the forum, but have been reading threads for a while. I have a 2017 Ram 1500 5.7L 4wd tradesman that I'm look for some opinions on. About a year ago I leveled the truck with Rough Country struts (501028) and I added ReadyLift 2-4" lift/level UCA's (67-1501) for good measure. I really like the combo, but now I'm wanting to give the whole truck a 2" lift & keep it somewhat leveled out. I live rurally & end up doing a lot of driving off pavement and through unplowed snowy gravel roads. I am wanting to use the same ReadyLift UCA's but assuming I can just swap out the struts in the front - maybe the same product line RC strut but a different length? I'd prefer something that maintains or increases towing capacity for the rear end. I am also installing a Fab Fours black steel elite prerunner front bumper in the next couple weeks. I'm sure that will affect the front end height some amount since it's 115-145lbs according to their site. Thank you for the recommendations, sorry for the long first post!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can not raise the truck 2" more without going to a lift kit. You can not lift the front a total of 4" without changing other components. Otherwise you will have all sorts of issues due to the bad geometry of the front end suspension due to the lift. To do it right you would need a lift kit like a 4" kit from Zone. Stay away from RC as their quality is very poor.

Message me if you would like a quote on anything or want more info

OP
OP
L

labeef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I already have upper control arms to accommodate the lift in the front. Was looking for recommendations on what to replace the front RC struts with + something in the rear. Do you have a recommendation on a zone front strut + something in the back? Sorry I did a bad job of explaining my logic.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So are you looking to stay at the same amount of lift up front? How much lift do you have now?

OP
OP
L

labeef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
The front has the 2" "leveling struts" which added about 1.75" and the truck sits more or less level with a slight rake. I'm wanting the whole thing to sit a bit higher front and back but maintain that leveled stance with slight rake. I was thinking if 2" front struts more or less leveled out the truck from factory then I'd need struts that are sized at 3-4" in the front and something else to add 2" in the rear to have an approx 2" level all around. Right? It sounds weird in my head so that's where I was hoping for some experience/opinions. What front struts would be a good upgrade + what should I put in the rear?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you just need to go to a 4” kit. With drop brackets for the front suspension components.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok thats what I thought you meant. So yes, you will need an actual lift kit. You can not lift the truck that high with just struts and rear coils. So a Zone lift kit is what I would recommend for the height you want and the uses you have. Message me if you would like a quote. We can get you set up with the correct components needed.

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was shopping hard for a 4" kit too a year or two ago. Researched until my eyes bled. I went with a Zone 6" kit with their UCA's. The zone 6" is adjustable so I opted to go 5" in front and 3" in back. Went with Fox 2.5's front and Fox 2" in rear. Drives like a dream. Better than stock.

This pic is with stock sized tires on the stock rims.

Got my kit from @Nick@GotExhaust Truck lifted DS (1).jpg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was shopping hard for a 4" kit too a year or two ago. Researched until my eyes bled. I went with a Zone 6" kit with their UCA's. The zone 6" is adjustable so I opted to go 5" in front and 3" in back. Went with Fox 2.5's front and Fox 2" in rear. Drives like a dream. Better than stock.

This pic is with stock sized tires on the stock rims.

Got my kit from @Nick@GotExhaust View attachment 512399
Such an awesome setup! Thanks for sharing!!

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If your just looking for a little bit more lift than you have currently, you could do a Zone 1.5” body lift. Lots of us have this…including me. Its $105-110. But it is a a lot if work to install without a 2 post lift. It took me 10hrs and some pain lol. Total lift from stock on my truck is 4” front and 3” rear. Currently 305/55/20 or 33.2x12.5. Easily clear 35” or 325/60/20.
Front : 40.5” Rear : 41.25”

1674781258555.jpeg

Last edited:

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also…if you get a Zone or another company’s lift, you need to pay attention how the front lift is achieved. Most use a 4” or 6” strut spacer. Your level struts change that factor. It could put you with a Carolina Squat…nose high.